New rear shock - e2e & stroke

aneesh99
aneesh99 Posts: 67
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
What up y'all, haven't been on in a while!

I'm looking for some guidance, I've kinda let my '09 Iron Horse waste away and broken down and sold most of it, before I started building it back up. The only thing I'd didn't sell was the shock it came with, a DHX Air 3.0. I'm sure most of you have heard about it's lameness, and I'm looking to make a swap, either to a newer DHX Air (a litle too expensive for my liking) with a smaller chamber or something like an RP23. Problem with the RP23 is that it doesn't come in the specs of my original DHX Air which is 8.75''x2.5'' (or 222cmx64cm). My understanding is the eye to eye needs to be the same but the stroke can vary, so my question is, what sort of RP23 should I look at? A 222xwhatever's closest to 64, or am I better off sticking with a new DHX Air or even if I should just mod my current one with an old RP3 sleeve?

Cheers guys and gals,

Aneesh :D
09 Iron Horse 6Point4
05 Kona King Kikapu

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if the strok is not the same you will lose travel or may have suspension/wheel/frame conflicts.

Talk to Mojo about the correct size shock.

Or even TFtuned about sorting the shock.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown