Another Polocini thread. The B*stard

Our second event is now on sale. This is our favourite ever sportive route. And yet again I'll be big headed and state that not only do we have the best food of any event but we are the best value.

This is the replacement for our kegs and legs sportive and beer festival which will be back in 2013. There are blogs/reviews of the b*stard route on the Polocini website.

This event is a good warm up for the etape du dales or Fred Whitton.

Full details here: http://polocini.com/cyclosportives/2012 ... he-bstard/

Cheers
AL

Comments

• mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Excellent sportive this - and damn hard going especially if the Pennine weather does its usual.

My blog from the Kegs and Legs ride that has been renamed by Polocini - read it and find out why:

http://blogs.teamskyfans.com/?p=570

NB - my user name and the similarity to the sportive organiser is pure coincidence
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Entered - I did the Over Tops last year (well, used the route off Mapmyride!) and was very happy with the route. Are riders able to get a shower at the rugby club? May be stupid question...
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    Eh up Rodgers, thanks for entering. We have post ride, hot showers, massage, hot food and even an ice bath!

Cheers
    AL
  • rodgers73
    Cracking!
  • Entered into this!

Will be my Third thoroughly excellent Polocini event!

Bring It On!
    I Dont Ride Hills, I Climb Mountains!

2010 Scott S40
    2011 Wilier Izoard XP
  • rodgers73
    I did the Meltham 10k today and it went DOWN Slaithwaite Road. Grinding up that one is going to be a B*stard, that's for sure!

Shame it doesn't divert off towards Honley - there were some fantastic roads around there that I drove down. Especially Meltham Road heading down into, er, Meltham and Honley Road/Northgate running from Farnley Tyas.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Just be glad it isnt going in the other direction and you have to climb Pole Hill, out of Golcar. That would be a b*****stard.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • polocini
    We've added in a shorter route that takes out Jackson Bridge and the drag up to Holme Moss but still retains the 'character' of the longer ride.

Details here: http://polocini.com/cyclosportives/2012 ... he-bstard/

Cheers
    AL
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I'll be entering this one myself too. After the Winter Sprinter - i can certainly vouch for the food!! More pork n black pudding sausages please Al - they were lovely!! I was tempted to ride right round again to get 2nds!! :D
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    is there a veggie option?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Wirral_paul

Well the sausages came with mash last time!! :lol:

They laid on a veggie option at the last sportive - didnt really pay much attention to what it was mind!! 4 options for the after ride meal at the Winter Sprinter anyway inc the veggie option
  • polocini
    There are vegetarian optionS. We are Polocini. We have THE best food of any sportives!!!!!

AL
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Polocini wrote:
    There are vegetarian optionS. We are Polocini. We have THE best food of any sportives!!!!!

AL

And for that reason I'm in. Just going to check out the website now. cheers.
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776

Yes, I did the Winter Sprinter this year and enjoyed the Chick Pea Curry with Cous Cous after my soaking. The Veggie offerings are very good.

The route for this one is a CRACKER. Some of it I ride as my regular Saturday morning spin, some of it I did in two different road races last year, and then the cherry on top is right around the corner from me!

I don't think other organisers could or would use this route with the vast numbers of entries they have, when entries are capped gems like Jackson's Bridge and Hade Edge can be used without the fear of carnage! :D

Dare I say it's that hard really? :wink:
  • polocini
    Entries are closing today and we do not take entries on the line. I can also confirm we will have listened to all the feedback and the sausages are on the menu!!!!

Cheers
    AL
  • rodgers73
    Are we getting an email or something with times etc?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    i got an email today saying further info would be sent out.
  • Wirral_paul
    I got an email this morning too saying details shortly. Dont remember finallising my entry, but it shows up on the British Cycling website as me entered.

Anyone fancy some company on the route (who's obviously entered)??
  • Wirral_paul
    Anyone had any details yet? Rider Briefing details were supposed to be sent out on 2nd May (yesterday) and I really need to confirm my entry.

Email Allen directly on the general Polocini email but no response (edit - he's responded on Twitter as i wrote this message so i'm entered) Woohoo 8) 8)
  • polocini
    The usual 48 page email ramble has been sent out. I've been around the course three times this week and it's all looking brilliant.

AL
  • Cleat Eastwood
    weather looks great - can't wait to taste the grub. :D:D I'm in a shimano top if anyone wants to say hello and see pictures of yossies missus in the nack.
  • rodgers73
    Just got back from this - lovely ride and great showers/food at the finish. Very happy I took part!

That last climb at 60 miles was ridiculously steep - very smug about not stopping as I was feeling pretty dead at the bottom. What was the name of the road? I want to check the gradient :-)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    ah man cant tell you how jealous i am - i was so looking forward to this - got up early - everything sorted - get lift off bro - his car had been in an accident recently and the electrics started playing up - we get to the edge of oldham, just off th em60 and the feckin sat nav conks out - we ask some people where the rugby club is - never heard of it - Byrth Rd - no idea mate - car starts losing power and after 30 odd mins of travelling round the sh!thole that is oldham we decide to call it quits and head back home. Gutted. It was a year to the day that my uncle passed away and I was riding it for charity in his memory - ah well - and to cap it all liverpool just got beat. :(
  • waynobfc
    waynobfc Posts: 32
    It's Gorsy/Gorsey Brow Rodgers, averages at 15% i think, i screamed & swore my way to the top!

Good day all round, great support & organisation as always at a Polocini event & it didn't rain which has gotta be a first!

Al, Keep up the good work - Can't wait for the Jubilee Ride & Over Th'tops!!
    I Dont Ride Hills, I Climb Mountains!

2010 Scott S40
    2011 Wilier Izoard XP
  • Wirral_paul
    Had fun on Holme Moss coming down - although i decided to keep the speed down as i thought i had buckled a wheel and the braking was pulsing badly. Still hit 46mph so recon 55mph was possible today.

Got home to find my front carbon rim has delaminated along a cica 10cm length!! so i did 46mph on a delaminating wheel!! :(

Great route anyway - and the usual Polocini excellent grub / value. :)
  • rodgers73
    Felt like I was flying down there but Garmin shows only 37mph!

Think I need better wheels/tyres :-(
  • rodgers73
    waynobfc wrote:
    It's Gorsy/Gorsey Brow Rodgers, averages at 15% i think, i screamed & swore my way to the top!

Just relived it via street view - a nightmare climb!