Psychological Cycling survey

bails_89
bails_89 Posts: 143
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Hi guys, I am in my final year as a sport and exercise student at Staffordshire University conducting research for my dissertation. If you are devoted cyclist who trains hard and races even harder, an individual that rides a bike just for fun or somebody who attends the gym, I need you! Please help me by filling in this short 10 minute survey, it would be much appreciated.

After you have filled out the survey there is a information sheet detailing what the research is trying to find out, if you are intrested or have a questions dont hesitate in contacting me.

Here is the link

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cwDq6TB0Yqy52tu

Many thanks in advance
Its not about the bike....

Comments

• Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Quite an interesting survey..

It seemed very geared towards symptoms of depression though, and some of the questions were quite similar..
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • I tried this survey and after page 1 it returned me rather than went to the next page.
  • Rushmore wrote:
    Quite an interesting survey..

It seemed very geared towards symptoms of depression though, and some of the questions were quite similar..

Repetition is the sign of a good survey / questionnaire
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • MrGeebs
    MrGeebs Posts: 62
    edited June 2012
    I liked this one: All in all, I am inclined to feel that I am a failure. lol

I live in stoke chris, what kind if cycling do you do?
    um .. . . . .
  • Just finished the survey, and as someone has already pointed out, it does seem much more tailored to a depressive mood, and I think you should have included both extremes, maybe over-euphoric as well.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I can not stand surveys with those stupid Strongly agree / Agree / Disagree / Strongly disagree.

You either agree, disagree or don't care either way.

How do you quantify the difference between agree and strongly agree?

It's the same with the 0-10 ratio, what someone believes is a 10 someone else would never give a 10 because they don't believe in perfection.

It's open far too much to interpretation and nothing definitive is achieved, basically marketing felt they needed to add a spin to the Yes/No boxes and so created these silly variables that mean nothing.