Fox float rp2 pressure drop

spudly1979
spudly1979 Posts: 172
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I've got a float rp2 140mm as my rear shock and I've just recently noticed the sag seems far too low. I checked the pressure, pumped it up another 10psi, but when I checked it again I seem to have lost some pressure.

Is this normal or are seals dead or what?
Canyon AM 6.0
At some point i am going to manage to jump one of these things.....

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    When you check the pressure the pressure drops. It has to to give a reading.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ah brill, I had thought that might be it, but my concern over expensive repairs kind of overtook me! Cheers!
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If the seals have gone you'll probably find it rides like a BSO even after pumping it up ;)

Still, it's dead simple to service if it needs it. Just get the Fox Air Sleeve Kit and they have some guides on their site (it doesn't have to be as involved as they show either. You can bodge a bit. Basically pulling off shock, pop off the sleeve, clean, replace seals, add fluid, put it together again).
  • Thanks Lenny, but what's a bso?!?
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    spudly1979 wrote:
    Thanks Lenny, but what's a bso?!?
    Bike Shaped Object.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Doh!
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Basically bounces like a bouncy Apollo full sus :D