Frame help please

davegore2005
davegore2005 Posts: 87
edited January 2012 in Road general
Hi, hope anyone here can help

I have attached a few pictures of my hardly used road bike frame, I have owned it for many years and have had lots of use but recently it's just been gathering dust in the shed as I tend to use my hybrid with my son on his mountain bike.

My question is, does anyone know looking at the shape of the frame what it is made of, back when I bought it there were Columbus SL stickers on the frame and forks but on my last respray they were not put back on, I have searched online and I cannot find even another frame with a similar shape than this with the curved seat tube, so any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Pete Matthews is still around although he did close his bike shop a few years ago. Almost impossible to determine the tubeset from the pictures - the curved tubes would indicate that it is a short wheelbase time trial frameset probably from the late 80s/early 90s
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I live quite close to Pete actually and have known him for many years, that's where I got the bike from (his shop when it was open), I hadn't really thought of calling him but I have his number somewhere...might be worth a chat and see if he remembers.

Dave