c59 matt black updated

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited May 2012 in Your road bikes
This little beauty came today dogma now sold.
cant wait to get this built up.
I have all the new bits in the garage and ready to roll.
Mavic cosmic carbone slr
campag 2012 super record groupset
3t ltd bars and stem
pro logo saddle carbon rails
garmin edge 800
colnago bottle cages
Weight as showm 15lb

IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,831
    If you'd like to tell me where you live and when you go on holiday I'll happily come look after it for you, promise I'd return it ;)

What a beauty! Very very jealous.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Wow mate. Stunning. Really well put together and the finish is something else. Enjoy. :D
  • markyone
    Wow mate. Stunning. Really well put together and the finish is something else. Enjoy. :D

Thanks pete,
    Whats your next project?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Dont care what anyone says - Colnago are still the Dogs B***ox - Superb bike mate.

Dont ride it in the wet :D
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Absolubtley stunning!

I was starting to get a bit concerned about all the high end Italian bikes coming out of the factory with Shimano on them. I suppose thats the advantages of building your own,.

Do you think you ll ever give EPS a go or are you more of a traditionalist.

I ve ridden DI2 and it was scary good, cant see Campag letting Shimano have the edge for too long.

Stunning simply stunning bike ! Off to get a Lotto ticket.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Just Awesome - love it.... Soo jealous
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    After seeing these at the London Bike Show, it's probably my favourite carbon frame on the market - you lucky, lucky man!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Amazing bike some H D pictures are needed to show the bikes true flair and beauty.
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    I don't think the seat collar should be sitting that high. nice bike though.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    looks wise eps is far better than shimano. what looks like some kind of ball screw rear derailer isnt any bigger than a mechanical version. hate to think what it costs.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Lol - it looks like my mountain bike :lol:

P1070230sm.jpg

Seriously - be gentle with it. Mat black is a pain; hard to keep clean and don't think about polishing any marks off or you'll turn the finish glossy. Even without that, a good chunk of my MTB has become shiny!

PS - I love anything carbon with lugs :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I have the same bar/stem combo. Like you way you taped the bars - is that helicopter tape?
  • markyone
    Pokerface wrote:
    I have the same bar/stem combo. Like you way you taped the bars - is that helicopter tape?
    Yes helicptor tape,holds the cables perfect.
  • Absolutely lovely. Not to demean the Colnago name, but do I have at least some agreement when I say that the font type makes a difference - a proper difference - to the looks of the bike? E.g. Giant's really simple but modern looking, Trek's a bit myeh, Spesh ditto.
  • antlaff
    markyone wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

could you do a front pic looking directly at the stem? just want to see how the cables and heli tape look with the 3t bars.
  • markyone
    antlaff wrote:
    markyone wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

could you do a front pic looking directly at the stem? just want to see how the cables and heli tape look with the 3t bars.

IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
  • antlaff
    markyone wrote:
    antlaff wrote:
    markyone wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg

Thanks - great job very tidy - looking to get a 3t stem/bar for my Enigma - great use of the heli tape.
  • I have those same bars and they are ace.
    Now how does this bike compare to your old Dogma.How would you describe the ride,weight handling acceleration etc etc.I can`t believe you`ve actually had two £3 grand plus frames in 18 months lol.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Sweet je#us, that's stunning. I feel a stiring in my loin!

Happy riding!
  • markyone
    I have those same bars and they are ace.
    Now how does this bike compare to your old Dogma.How would you describe the ride,weight handling acceleration etc etc.I can`t believe you`ve actually had two £3 grand plus frames in 18 months lol.
    I have not ridden it yet,
    But if you sell the dogma on,the next frame dont cost as much,so its sell one on to go towards new one.
    That way you always have a nice frame,and you dont have to pay out big bucks. :D
  • markyone wrote:
    I have those same bars and they are ace.
    I have not ridden it yet,
    But if you sell the dogma on,the next frame dont cost as much,so its sell one on to go towards new one.
    That way you always have a nice frame,and you dont have to pay out big bucks. :D
    Well i look forward to hearing how you get on with it.You lucky sod!!
    Very jealous in a healthy way :lol: It`s a beaut.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    what does a frame like that cost ? quite fancy one my self.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    big p wrote:

£3K IIRC.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Hope you enjoy riding it, it's one sweet rig. Only thing that looks a bit off is the saddle, she's quite chunky and tall. A low pro Flite or something would *look* better but saddles are too important to be bought on looks only.

What kind of mileage do you get out of your tubs? Mine are race-day only.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • markyone
    Hope you enjoy riding it, it's one sweet rig. Only thing that looks a bit off is the saddle, she's quite chunky and tall. A low pro Flite or something would *look* better but saddles are too important to be bought on looks only.

What kind of mileage do you get out of your tubs? Mine are race-day only.
    Saddles i have gone through lots,and i get a numb under carriage :( so thought i would try the prologo as it seems to be softer.
    We shall see after a few rides,but as yet not rode it.
    Those tubs are the mavic power and grip link,i had there clinchers before and i was impressed.
    I used vittoria tubs and they seemed to last a summer or more.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    big p wrote:

Maestro in Bognor will prob do them for about £500 cheaper than the official dealers.
  • Beautiful bike, serious bit of kit. Bring on the dryer weather to give it a real airing!
  • That is stunning! Sometimes I get a feeling something is missing in my life, now I know what it is.
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    big p wrote:

Maestro in Bognor will prob do them for about £500 cheaper than the official dealers.

It's quite a bit more than that actually, with free seatpost works out around £850 cheaper than somewhere like Sigma.