Sinbad Alpine 160

DaveBickers
DaveBickers Posts: 26
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Afternoon all I thought I would just share a few pics of my Orange Alpine 160.

Its standard on these images apart from the ccdb, kashima talas fork, renthal bar & stem and RS reverb.

Since these pics I have changed the brakes for some Elixir 9 and gone 1x9.

15aff25b.jpg

8532cb19.jpg

f2a88314.jpg

ad40a2b9.jpg

e55813f0.jpg

I'll get some more pics up of the 1x9 setup when I get a min

Cheers
Orange Alpine 160
Boardman Team FS
Honda Hornet
Carrera Voritce
Falcan Mountain Peak
Raleigh Mustang

Comments

• sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    nice looking ride there matey. nice to see a muddy pic of it too. Like the colour, dont think iv seen 1 in purple before.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • I did want a slighlty less common couloured bike, but as yet don't think I'm good enough to pull off the neon pink! Purple will do do for now especially as oddly it does look good when covered in forest!

. I'll get some good pics this weekend focussing on the 1x9 setup.

I weighed it quickly the other day and it was about 35lbs which was a bit higher than I thought it would be especially with how well it climbs. Got some lighter Nobby Nic tyres coming which will hopefully drop the weight a pound or so.
    Orange Alpine 160
    Boardman Team FS
    Honda Hornet
    Carrera Voritce
    Falcan Mountain Peak
    Raleigh Mustang
  • Ashweee
    Ashweee Posts: 48
    Very nice! I wasn't a fan of sinbad purple on the samples in the shop but on a frame it looks really good.

I went for plasma blue on my 160, I did think about neon pink but like you say I don't think I'm good enough to pull it off!

really interested to see your 1x9 setup.
  • I've only had one ride out with the 1x9 setup and I loved it, I found the climbs if anything slighlty easier due to carrying more speed through the climb rather than dropping to the 22 granny that I had and spinning up for what seemed like an eternity.
    Orange Alpine 160
    Boardman Team FS
    Honda Hornet
    Carrera Voritce
    Falcan Mountain Peak
    Raleigh Mustang
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    Nice bike nice to see an orange in a colour other than er orange ! your right looks even better covered in mud !

Im thinking of getting some nobby nics to shave some weight off my gt sensor reckon i can lose a pound by swapping the tyres, let us know how you get on with them.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Cheers for the + comments!

Just taken delivery of the Nobby Nics (2.4 Evo Snakeskin upfront and the 2.25 Evo Snakeskin 4 X rear) and fitted them. These have been fitted with inner tubes.

Bike weight with 2.35 High Rollers 35.4lbs.
    Bike weight with Nobby Nics 34.5lbs
    Both weights include Superstars Nano Thru pin pedals.

Also while i had it on the stand got a pic of the 1x9 in a clean(ish) state. The camera flash also highlighted a small but very obvious bit of rust!!

I took the two rings off that came with the crankset (22 +32 tooth) and replaced with a RaceFace Single 32t chainring. The chain guide is E13 LG1+. Very easy to do and having done a couple of rides prior without using granny and one ride since ditching the granny, I can honestly say I don't miss it. I also believe its improving my climbing because i'm picking better lines and maintaining a better pace so they're over quicker!!

DSC_0013-1.jpg
    Orange Alpine 160
    Boardman Team FS
    Honda Hornet
    Carrera Voritce
    Falcan Mountain Peak
    Raleigh Mustang
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Lovely colour, regarding 1x9 what you running at the back?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • At the mo outback ive got Shimano Deore Cassette 9 Speed HG50 (11-34) and a Shimano Saint rear mech. I was going to swap cassette to the 12-36 hg60 but havent found im missing the lower gear yet.
    Orange Alpine 160
    Boardman Team FS
    Honda Hornet
    Carrera Voritce
    Falcan Mountain Peak
    Raleigh Mustang
  • Ashweee
    Ashweee Posts: 48
    That looks really sweet, the next time I'm out on mine I'm going to give it a go using just the middle ring and see how I get on.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    LG1's are the dogs!!! frickin love mine, running a 34t ring and 11-36 ten speed cassette, its just brilliant, never lost the chain and its silent most of the time, definitely one of the best changes i've made to both my bikes, its up there with wide bars and dropper posts in my list of must haves on any bike, chainguides are great, i'm interested to see how the shadow plus mechs help with chain management, as i suffer little to no chain slap without one and my LG1, but do suffer with the xcx i have on the hardtail...