Gravity Enduro on a Hard Tail?

Rushmore
Rushmore Posts: 674
edited January 2012 in MTB general
hi guys..

I love xc and done a few races last year ( although from my experiance it seems to be a bit of a battle of the rich kids )

And would like to do Downhill, but not nearly gnarly enough for that..

But I love the idea of doing enduro, as it's dh sections on red routes...

Anyone else had a go at this? I'll be on a hard tail though, would I get whipped by everyone?? lol
Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
De Rosa R838

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Depends more on you than the bike. Man up & shred as hard as you can :-)
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Depends more on you than the bike. Man up & shred as hard as you can :-)

will do!!
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Certainly do-able, but if your riding XC I would recommend switching up to 120mm forks so you have more travel and arn't AS tired. Of course, getting a long travel hardtail would be the best recommendation.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Should be fine, if you're good enough... TBH I'd rather do them on my hardtail with the right tyres, than on my textbook enduro full suss bike with the wrong ones. But, don't assume that it'll be all on red routes, that's not been the case before with the Gravity Enduro- they used all of Ae downhill, Innerleithen had dh trails and some properly vicious offmap stuff that's harder than the mapped downhill routes...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    I was looking at entering the Enduro 1 series (http://www.enduro1.co.uk/) on my 120mm hardtail, as from the description it seems about the right level for my experience and kit. Anyway, the plan would be to overtake as many people as possible on the uphill sections!
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot