100mm Trail Fork

jamiestogden
jamiestogden Posts: 52
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
In a month or two I'm probably going to give in and have to get a new set of forks for my Giant XTC. They won't be subjected to much more than the red trails at Kielder, Hamsterley, Mabie etc...

I've spent a little while looking at a few online stores and it appears that the days of 100mm are numbered and the forks that were maybe 100mm in 2011 are now 120mm in 2012. I'm pretty certain I can't add 20mm of travel to my XTC without ruining it... or could I...?

Can anybody suggest a 100mm trail fork that will be tough enough but not weigh too much? I'm currently running Pace RC39 with lockout and they just aren't cutting it lately.

Thanks
Jamie

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Rock Shox Reba?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    reba for about £260+ or recon gold RL solo air from about £180+

Both have motion control, reba's about 1600g recon's about 1800g. Both "should" be extendable to 120mm by removing spacers but check from where you buy to make sure they're not OEMs that can't be extended.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • omaha
    omaha Posts: 120
    i have a XTC team frame running reba team forks,they are perfect for each other.
    a bike with round rubbery things
    another bike with springy bits on it
    another bike with too few gears