Looking for new wheels, preferably bright in colour :)

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

I'm looking to change my wheels on my talon 3 to something a bit brighter, for example those bright yellow nuke-proofs that I saw in my mountain biking UK magazine a few months back, however as I think they are downhill wheels will be too heavy :( any suggestions?

Also, when looking into new wheels, what sizes should I take into account when buying? obviously the have to be 26" but is there any width sizes or anything else?

Thanks
Craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Take a look in Superstar.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    ^ another for superstar.

Just don't order anything with white.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Alex have made some bright rims, I have an Alex DDG rimmed wheel sitting waiting to go on the daughters new bike (frame currently being painted) and that is a bright yellow rim, on the Grimeca hub it's on it is fairly light as well!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Superstar xc wheels will do you.
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=348

Or use their custom wheel builder to have any combination of rim, spoke & hub colour.
  • Thanks for the help guys :)

Is there any other sizes I should look at or are all wheels similar sizes? ... apart from the diameter?

Thanks
    Craig
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    Chain reaction are selling sun ringle black flag pro's for £250, which come with stans sealant and are tubeless ready. Very gold too :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    For xc use you will want a 17mm - 20mm internal rim width. You will also want to get the right hub adaptor, for yours probably QR front & QR x 135mm rear if you are replacing the original wheels & still have the standard forks.