Replacement bike suggestions required

swelsbyuk
swelsbyuk Posts: 421
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
I currently have a 2011 Canyon Nerve XC 6.0 (full suss) and a 2009 Rockrider 8.2 (ht)

Unfortunately, I appear to have almost killed the Rockrider; which is a pity as it has played a major part in my coming to love mountain biking. It's in the hospital but the prognosis isn't good.

I have managed to beg borrow and steal just over a grand to get a replacement, although I may be able to get more by selling off the non-dead bits of the Rockrider.

I am looking for something a little more hard-hitting than the Canyon as my riding has become slightly less XC and slightly more erm.... daring?

Are there any 2011 bargains out there? HT or FS, I'm not fussy.

Comments

• If you dont mind going down the 2nd hand route you will undoubtably get alot more for your money.....
    I am a big lover of the 2008 / 2009 trek remedys which can be picked up for around the £1000 mark I would personally opt for a 2009 trek remedy 8 as it has a full xt groupset (not the nicest couour) but you could send it off to orange bikes and they will do a custom powder coat for about £200 and then it will look like a brand new bike.
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • swelsbyuk
    Thanks Mojo_666

I had considered getting an AM as the XC is just superb. However, that one on eBay is a small and I need a medium. Buying one new is probably a little out of my price bracket - they start at about £1,450 I think and I suspect that £1,200 will be my top-whack.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Is selling the XC to fund the AM an option?, they are cracking bikes, I can't imagine anyone using an XC if you had an AM to hand.

Frame alone will net you nearly £400 is this is anything to go on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANYON-NERVE- ... 3f12148492
  • swelsbyuk
    Well, selling the XC hadn't even crossed my mind until now. However, only got it in November and would be gutted to lose a lot on it.

That said, the AM 7.0 in luminous green looks quite nice / vile!
  • Hi there,
    Just come across your thread as I'm looking to pick up a 2011 Nerve XC. If you do decide to sell, please send me an email as I'd be very interested.
    Thanks v much.