Routes from Middlesbrough/North Yorkshire

shockedsoshocked
shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
edited January 2012 in Routes
Hi there,

Just got myself an MTB for something different to do, and was looking for some advice with routes/group rides.

I'm based in Marton, so my routes lead out towards the Pinchinthorpe visitors centre so they all effectively start from there (trying to avoid roads if I'm on an MTB!). After a few rides, I've found that I'm not a technically gifted MTBer, so want to stick to relatively tame terrain, I don't mind going up big hills but my bike handling is crap!

Are there any routes around the Eston Hills for instance? Sometimes I'd just like an hour or so blast around and don't wanna have to ride right out to Guisborough Woods.

Also, anyone willing to let me tag along with them to gain some knowledge?
"A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Apart from the trails in Guisborough woods, I don't know anything that's closer to you and Pinchinthorpe visitors centre doesn't look that far off. There are a few tracks in the woods just South of New Marske, entrance and the corner of the road that connects the A174 roundabout at the top of redcar Lane to the B1269 though I haven't been there for years as I only head back that way when visiting my folks in Redcar.

Best bet might be to do what mountain bikers do: strap your bike onto the car and drive somewhere to ride, maybe on the moors. You're thinking like a roadie ;-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]