Tube drivers turn down offer of more cash

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 61,116
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    The Scottish ambulance drivers actually did...

There was a big stooshie (=uproar) when someone died because an ambulanceman, as he is entitled to, refused to go out on a call when he was on his tea break.
    Cue big negotiations with the service trying all sorts of things to persuade them to give up their sacrosanct right to an undisturbed cuppa. The latest was a £100 bonus for each callout when on a break, together with a one-off £1500 bribe.
    This was rejected, but the solution has now been worked out - a reduction from 40 to 37.5 hour week, with no extra pay.
    "It was never about money" they say, but I wonder if they're kicking themselves now? Unless it makes it easier to wangle lucrative overtime?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,116
    Not a bad result as their hourly rate goes up. How much do they get paid for overtime given that the work will still be there to do? ;-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]