Birthday Tattoos

XxxBFGxxX
XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
well my mum has paid for a tatt for me for my birth day that i am gonna get on sat. Gonne get it on the back of my carf muscle. then the same style on the other carf. so its gonna hurt like hell but i think mint sauce is more then worth it

this is wat is getting done sat on my left carf muscle.

409358_10151138169045464_738650463_21853424_575952589_n.jpg

then this prob couple weeks after.

409402_331089953588384_100000621473515_1049016_1326500710_n.jpg

what do you guys think

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Don't get a tat - any tat. You'll just look silly when you're older.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • XxxBFGxxX
    love my tatts mate and will never regret them. cheers for the advise tho
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Don't like the top one- what's he going to be leaning against?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Northwind wrote:
    Don't like the top one- what's he going to be leaning against?

north wind mate that is a good point think iw ill get a sign post tatted in there
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    both look crap. but that's just my opinion. i just don't get the whole mint sauce thing, it's way too hippy for me to understand
  • Northwind
    Bonus points for getting the bottom one tattooed on the blunt end of your obvious, so that your pubes become the grass.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • As said in the other thread by mistake:

Mint sauce is as ghey as a ghey thing, don't get one of them, get a decent one instead.

Nobody actually finds Mint Sauce funny or inspirational, they just pretend to because they think they should, like some sort of inside joke only "real" MTBers get. They are the same sort of people who pretend to enjoy Rigids, singlespeed, and Jeff Jones.

Webbos and sheepscunts as they are known around here.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I just don't get them, sorry.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • andy46 wrote:

Agreed, my dad is covered in them and agrees that they held him back in life, due to people's "impressions" of a tattooed person.
    My son has his [deceased older] brother's name tattooed on his arm, I do understand the sentimental element of that, but even when he was thinking about getting this done I tried to talk him out of it

I won't have any done, I've no reason to, but if I did it would be on the upper arm where no one could see them, especially if it was something personal like my sons' names.
  • I would get it a bit lower that the calve though. I've got mine directly under the calve, and if you plan getting a career, then it is good having that part be hidden if you need to, such as wearing high socks.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Don't get a tat - any tat. You'll just look silly when you're older.

erm, im not sure that is completely correct:

p4pb1616227.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Don't get a tat - any tat. You'll just look like a total tw@t.

erm, im not sure that is completely correct:

p4pb1616227.jpg
    Fair point sheeps, I've edited my comment now you've pointed that out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Having him leaning against a post or something might look better.

I love tattoos, I want the one on my arm extending up and over my shoulder/chest/back and I want something done on my legs too. Have a few ideas floating about, but need to get it properly designed so that I'm happy with them.

Not sure I'd get 2 Mint Sauce ones though. One is probably more than enough as I kind of agree with CWNT that we kind of feel like we should like it. I just like the moment when you're out on the trail, flying down a mountain with a massive grin on your face and you think 'This is Why'
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    the only thing you should tattoo twice is a pair of the letter W, one on each bumcake of course.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I'd just have a tattoo of your face on your face 1 to 1 scale, that way as you get older you'll look the same.

But avoid Mint Sauce, yeah ok he's kind of a symbol of biking but really? get a naked woman or a tattoo of a viking decapitating a pig or summat
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    I have 3, one on each quad from hip to near the knee and then a solid black band around my left arm.

The first two I designed and had done and love them, the third I was wasted, just split up with missk and felt a mess (we are now getting married) and it's pretty pointless but I am going to expand it.

It's not held me back in my career but as an engineer I think there is a different attitude, especially when the customers are The Forces and the SME's I deal with are ex marines etc.

Mint sauce looks gash in my opinion, but if you like it and are sure you will like it in 10, 20, 30 years go for it, but be sure, very sure you like it, not anyone else, YOU!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Mint Sauce tats? F*ck me, it's not 1993 any more.

Surely you've got a bit more imagination than copying someone elses (no longer relevant) character?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Be a real man.
    facial-tattoo.jpg
    gang_tattoos_5sfw.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    andy46 wrote:

Ditto. I'm always amused by the people that talk about them being "individual" as if their whole genetic structure hasn't made them quite individual enough already and simply having a load of ink splashed all over themselves will somehow make them more so!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    cooldad wrote:
    facial-tattoo.jpg

Equals
    jocelyn-wildenstein.jpg
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    cartoons always look s**t, plus they date badly.

I always laugh at one of my mates who had a 'Taz' character on his arm when a rather chubby 18 year old. He lost loads of weight and now has what looks like a brown turd permamently running down the top of his arm.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • cartoons always look s**t, plus they date badly.

I always laugh at one of my mates who had a 'Taz' character on his arm when a rather chubby 18 year old. He lost loads of weight and now has what looks like a brown turd permamently running down the top of his arm.

Hahaha, I got a "Taz" on my shoulder when I was about 15, it looks like a fookin birth mark now :roll:

• Hahaha, I got a "Taz" on my shoulder when I was about 15, it looks like a fookin birth mark now :roll:

Could be worse...

80717697.jpg
  • Northwind
    If that was like 3% less bad, it'd be terrible. But as it is, it went round the clock and back up to awesome.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Northwind wrote:
    If that was like 3% less bad, it'd be terrible. But as it is, it went round the clock and back up to awesome.

+Sideways-Stories-Potato-Tattoo-500x333.jpg
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Could be worse...

80717697.jpg
    That is Awesome, really made me chuckle
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • best.

tattoo.

EvAr!!!

One better.. almost enough to make a person eat their own arm

PotatotattoobyIanofAlkitattoo.jpg
  • I wonder if this guy's let get bitten by dogs or homeless people?

Bacon-Thigh-Tattoo.jpg
  • I get why people get tattoos, but I just think you would regret the Mint Sauce ones, mainly because 99% of people wont know what the hell it is, and explaining that its a 'mountain biking sheep from mint sauce' may get tiresome. Probably.