Spring Onion AND Surrey Rumble

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
these are on the Saturday and Sunday respectively of 3/4 March... both starting pretty near to each other (Leatherhead and Downside, Surrey)

Who is up for the challenge of doing both that weekend?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Unfortunately I'll be stood in a large cowshed in Stoneleigh selling bits for old Triumphs that weekend. I was volunteered and wasn't quick enough coming up with a reason not to.
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    http://www.thespringonion.co.uk/

Seems to think it's on the 11th.
  • clarkey cat
    WTF - when did it become 2012?
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Isn't the Spring Onion on the 11th?
    exercise.png
  • clarkey cat
    apparently so.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    In for both. Plus the Kent Killer and Hell in Feb.
    exercise.png
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Probably going to do the Onion
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • How hard is The Onion?

I'm trying to build up my mileage this year, aiming for the Dunwich Dynamo, so I want to push myself. Never done more than 45 miles on fairly bumpy terrain but without any mega climbs.

Will this kill me?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ...bring a body bag in a panier
  • clarkey cat
    Will this kill me?

there is a short route which will be piece of p1ss and a long route which will moderately taxing.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Did the Onion last year. Wasn't impressed (no signs just red arrows on the road which were difficult to spot and the food stop was premature at 25 miles). Think the organiser took on board everyones comments so should be improved but I shan't be doing it.
  • clarkey cat
    Have just entered the Surrey Rumble.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Temtped to do the Spring Onoin this year. Did it the year before last and loved it. Though I got met by the fairy and then got lost.

Trouble is time, I'm not sure I'm allowed to ride my bike that anymore.... :(
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    I rode the Surrey Rumble last year and thought it was very good.. They had a great route that avoided all the Surrey Hills and was a nice start to the year / sportive season without going mental with loads of climbs.. They had a big screen in the HQ showing some Paris Roubaix film that looked very good as well.I have signed up for this years Rumble as I thought it was such a nice event - cheap to enter as well ( £ 12 ), Never ridden the 'Onion before ...