Odin'sday Wake Up Call

allen.coulson
allen.coulson Posts: 424
edited January 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Good morning. The effect of being in Taiwan last week manifested itself in the form of a nematode swimming around in the bog. Today will be spent drinking parafin and telling HR that I've got food poisoning.

Good luck to y'all

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Morning

Today is expensive as its MOT day & there is a bike shop nearby to browse in whilst waiting............
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning plebs.

Today is a day of total meh.

Not only was yesterdays meeting like shooting fish in a barrel, with me being the aforementioned fish, I returned to find a wonderous email from our accounts department. Apparently if works ordered in January aren't invoiced by our financial year end, 31st January, then they will be taken from next years budgets. I mean WTF, sometimes it can take theoretically take us 30 days to invoice with 30 days to pay :evil:
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Morning turd burglars!

I forgot to bring my laptop charger home last night, so it died around 11. That was fun.
    Got into work early today, I was expecting traffic (I've driven in for a change) but there wasn't any. I'm off to collect 2 parcels after work, both literally the other side of Leeds from the other. Now I'm only expecting one parcel, so which is the one I'm expecting, and what's in the other one...?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    matthew h wrote:
    Morning

Today is expensive as its MOT day

I have that joy tommorrow

Morning Scuttlers

Well this week has been a week of win and fail so far.

First the win, I hav a week where I've been given a cab pass and told just to go and look at the railway, doing and going where the hell I like, which has been pretty sweet, no hard work, get to meet a few people home for mid afternoon.

Then the fail, I forgot to change my address on paypal, so have found out that I have ordered my new bike to my Wolvo house, sent emails last night to see if its been dispatched yet, if it has it means having a drive down there on Friday to fetch it.

Today I'm going to Barry Island, Rhymney and Treherbert for a mooch, then going to come back and put the doors on my bike shed I've built, good fun.

Laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning Knuckle Draggers

Today consists of taking the dogs for a quick walk then into the office for a few hours work, followed by a ride around lunch time. The ball and chain then has plans to drag me to B&Q this evening to look at the many different shades of paint available. Oh the joys of painitng....one job I fecking hate.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Sooo tired
    Work, haircut, dinner with ma, bed.
    That is all
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morn'

This week saw me record half a stone in lost weight in 2 weeks and I fit comfortably in a 36 for te first time in a while. 16st9lb.

I decided to weigh myself after I've put my bike gear on including my loaded evoc bag, 18st2lb! Wow I need to Ali
    Down what I carry! Although it is probably helping my weight loss!

The fail to this is no beer until mid feb, boooooooo

The plus side I feel mint at the minute!!

Off to write feasibility studies and wot not, tally ho gimps!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Drove to work

Got a speeding ticket - meh

WTF speeding to GET to work, schoolboy error
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Busy day as I've got to go to work tomorrow rather than next Monday so cramming everything in and missing Cannock on Friday.
    For those that want to buy my XTR brakes this is the last day till I get back around the 7/2. (See relevant forum).

Bills galore today
    End for year Tax
    Car Tax
    Gas boiler service
    Accountant invoice
    Barclaycard
    and a towbar fitted to Disco

Just as well I'm going back a few days early
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Speeding in a car FAIL
    Speeding on a bike WIN

fact

Just booked our 6 week honeymoon to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia! Boom!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Will be a dull day today, 2 stats lectures and no hockey by the looks of it as the opposition captain is a dick who didn't book a pitch. Meh.

Laters
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Awoke at 4am thinking it was Saturday for some reason. Imagine my dismay when I realised it was on Wednesday.

Few bits of work in the evening. Nothing for the morning as such.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Midweek greetings Maggots!

Back home today after a day in the office yesterday
    Have an interview with my previous employer on Friday :) They seem very willing to talk with me. Well chuffed.
    Other than that, I'll be treading water today due to being very unmotivated right now for various reasons.
    So, while you're all working, I'll be downloading warez from the Interwebz, remember no Wikipedia today due to their anti SOPA protest.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Now I'm only expecting one parcel, so which is the one I'm expecting, and what's in the other one...?
    If it smells of almonds, get them to open it and duck!

Morning Feck nuggets,
    Today i feel happy/achey/tired.
    Managed to do a small XC loop last night with my bro on his old merlin, cracking old bike that, but felt like a riged as the 80mm Judy forks had about 20mm of travel and even then you had to write for permission to use it.

Today i'm here there and everywhere but i might get a chance to browse a few LBS's

Bacons and Caffine have been consumed, the latter in high quantity :)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Morning Gofers,

Final stage of the garage sorting today as I put in place the racking for the other half's stuff (she's got one half of the garage, my bikes/man cave stuff are in the other half), so it will finally be halfway tidy for the first time in years. Then its back to finish the tax return and see if I can get the frikkin' bill down a bit ! On the plus side I've saved a pot of money changing gas/leccy/broadband suppliers and sorting out a water meter for the house.

@MOT people - Halfords auto centres have been doing half price MOT's and mine passed first time so seems it's not necessarily an excuse to get people in and find 'problems'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Now I'm only expecting one parcel, so which is the one I'm expecting, and what's in the other one...?
    If it smells of almonds, get them to open it and duck!

Unnatural fear of marzipan?

On further developments in todays day of meh, meh of such a level that we need a word to express something way beyond meh, I'm typing whilst on the phone listening to one of our general managers type an email to me with two fingers, as he mumbles it aloud very very slowly. So far I hve been here listening for over an hour. :(
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Talking of deliveries, I am expecting a parcel today with a new pair of boots. Not cycling or motorcycle boots, just a good pair of boots.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    If anyone wants a laugh, here's a roadie in serious need of a waaaaaaahmbulance.

Rode to work today, past 2 miles of stationary traffic, which was satisfying, need to get out on the MTB again soon though.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Talking of deliveries, I am expecting a parcel today with a new pair of boots. Not cycling or motorcycle boots, just a good pair of boots.

Raymondavalon?

kinky-thigh-length-boots.JPG

Raymondavalon?

kinky-thigh-length-boots.JPG

:):):):):):):)
    Fark! I "walked into that" like a blind man trying to go up on a downward escalator!
    Photo to follow if and when they get here..
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Your legs are looking very smooth CWNT, was that before or after the op?! :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Kaise wrote:
    Speeding in a car FAIL
    Speeding on a bike WIN

fact

Just booked our 6 week honeymoon to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia! Boom!

I' did that a few times before I was married too!
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning, last full day off before starting nights again tomorrow. Today will be spent doing very little and then training tonight.
  • Kitty wrote:
    Morning, last full day off before starting nights again tomorrow. Today will be spent stalking some man I know I'll never have and then training tonight.

Hello Kitty! Long time no see, so where have your been lurking? Roadies Forum?
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I seem to do endless nights, so sleep most of the time when I'm off. Plus getting scans to confirm if my knee is f**ked. Still all's good.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Evening Scuttlers

Well today has seen more fail what with Homebase ringing me to tell me that the shed that is already 2 weeks late and promised for saturday will now be an extra 2 months, so I told them to shove it up their necessary. They are however refunding me and sending me a 25 gift voucher as a sorry.

Popped up to Treherbert to have a look at token block working, now going to chow down on a chinese

laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    's up.

Had a tactical dismount last night at speed, mondo neck pain followed, still hurts like fook today. Don't think I'll be back on the bike for a few days as my neck is proper stiff (much like someone's obvious no doubt).
    Spent all day at work in a meeting today so am ordering a pizza for noms to make up for a shite 24 hours. Did get a small payrise that's backdated to August approved though so not all bad I guess.