Old 105 brake hood cover replacement

thedevilchild
thedevilchild Posts: 6
edited January 2012 in Workshop
I need to replace the cover for my brake hood which today came apart from my bike due to the tight entry/exit into and out of my flat. It is impossible to get in and out with the bike without the occassional prang as the door is spring loaded and it is awkward. I have posted a picture of the part I need to replace. On the other side of it (not shown on the picture) there is a tiny bit chipped off, which makes it impossible to put back on the bike.

I would like to replace the part asap really so my bike doesn't look like a wreck, but as it is an old part I haven't a clue where to look for it or exactly what to call the part. I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction please. I have tried my local shops to no avail.

Comments

• Bump... I've got the same problem. Did try fleabay but it wasn't cheap £10-15.

Be interesting if anyone has a solution
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    go to shimano tech docs, find the code and correct name and do a google search sometimes it comes up. I got some ultegra ones from here.

http://www.onyourbike.co.uk/parts
  • Thanks for you advice lef.

I have just gone to the Shimano tech docs site and obtained what I think is the part number I require. That could well turn out to be valuable information for me in times to come.

****In the meantime whilst writing this post I went to eBay****

Ten quid plus p&p. To make my bike not look like it is owned by an uncaring owner is not too much for me. I just hope it arrives before the weekend clubrun :D
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    Well done on finding them for £10, i think the ones i got cost at least double that!