i cant afford a turbo trainer

daz650
daz650 Posts: 17
edited February 2012 in Health, fitness & training
Hi guys I want to use my mountain bike indoors when its bad weather but I can't afford a turbo trainer anyone got any ideas what I could use. Thanks guys

Comments

• Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    A coat :roll:
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Just get out there in the rain. You might actually enjoy the Man vs the Elements aspect of riding in crap weather. I do.
  • daz650
    daz650 Posts: 17
    Its looking like I'll have too thanks guys
  • D4V1D
    D4V1D Posts: 233
    The stair case.
    I'm not a racer, but I like to churn out 2-3hr rides,
    I love Cannock and Llandegla cycle parks.
    Cube Acid 2010
    Upgraded RockShox Reba RL Forks, twin air.
    Updrade RockShox dropper seat post.
    Went tubeless DIY style using a 20" BMX tube. Lasting well.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    They're always going cheap when people realise how awful they are and going outside is a fair better option.
  • Noel PT
    Noel PT Posts: 627
    njee20 wrote:
    They're always going cheap when people realise how awful they are and going outside is a fair better option.

+1
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Turbo trainers are like treadmills - dead boring. Don't waste your money, just layer up and go ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Turbo trainers are like treadmills - dead boring. Don't waste your money, just layer up and go ride.
    Might be boring, but there's loads on BBC iPlayer - I like to catch up with top gear ^_^
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • ...or you could do as I do and join The Gym for £17/mth. With this option, you have the benefit of x-training and weights alongside spinners or static bikes. 8)

(I haven't raced yet this season, so I don't know I this approach has worked!)