The 'Why-is-it-only' Tuesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited January 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumnuts!

I feel so tired. Really should learn to go to bed when I feel tired, not when I decide I've surfed enough interwebz.

Boring day at work today I imagine.

Laters
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Nuggets,
    Really tired, yesterdays plan to sneak off for a sleep didnt happen :( i thought i'll wait until i get a break in my work, well i did and it was 4:30 :roll: Decided to have a lye in this morning, got woken at 06:00 by work :evil: I wish this integration would hurry up so i can employ a bleeding minion again! i'm getting older by the min with all this work!

Will be out on the trails tonight, borrowing my brothers old Merlin (circa 97) light as fook but v brakes, 8 speed etc. but at least i'll be out, i really diddnt think being off the bikes this long would effect me like it has. weird.

Onwards to cafine
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    A day with lawers planned, so as a punishment I have got man flu
  • I made it -3.6 deg C when I got up - a bit refreshing. Ice hacking on the windscreen at 06:30 and then found tons of people at work half an hour later!. And emails.

...and a bit of cake which I stole...

...and later on heard the question '...where's my ffing cake..'

..oops!
  • Morning tards. Currently on the bus home and wishing it would hurry up, so i can get some food,drink and get into bed.. On the plus side i get a nice long ride on the bike tomoz and thursday :-)
  • Yo, yo, yo Maggots!

Fark it's cold. Was up at dumbass o'clock this morning en route to London via the office.
    Got a call from a colleague wo advised me that South West trains are not running this morning due to "emergency engineering works". Gotta love Network Rail! Meeting therefore cancelled...
    So, here I am at the office, to damned early to even contemplate feeling productive.
    I can also brag I carried a sheet of ice on the car bonnet for 170 miles, yes, it was still attached to the car when I arrived at work.

Today is full of "meh" trying to look and even feel productive in an environment I've come to loathe over the past two months.. Pffft...
  • Morning all,

nice blanket of snow was laid last night, ensuring a very eventful trip to the stores this morning for food supplies and cigarettes. Quite a few corners ended up with me facing the wrong way on my moped, including a few epic 2 wheel drifts on a few corners. Although the wind was terrible, I actually had fun on the smaller roads gunning it through corners, and sliding. Very productive moped ride if you ask me!

Now, just sitting around, being a lazy bum, and going to hit the call of duty up in a bit.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Been out for some exercise, some of this "jogging" stuff, much rather it were riding a bike. Uni now, 4 lectures in one day, what's the world coming to?!? Even worse 2 of them are stats lectures :shock: :lol:

Anyways busy busy, food to be consumed before the day of being boring and working begins.

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Morning Gits,

I'm tired again, seems I'm turning into a sleep junkie who needs a bigger fix to stay normal. Another frozen morning so I'm waiting till the sun has defrosted things before I venture out for a bike ride (been down south too long). In the meantime, jobs beckon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    hey chumps.

Sat down last night and worked out that the new job will leave me with less money than I thought but we'd be able to get rid of one car, and my fuel bill would drop to zero rather than the current £400+ every month.

Today is mostly meh. This morning will involve much ranting on the part of my boss who wants me to somehow sort out accounts problems caused by accounts not being able to deal with invoices that come in after our year end even though spend has been committed. :x Apparently there's a £40k hole that we'd have to take off of next years budget. Fine by me we can stop paying our other group company £150k for a service that would cost £10k elsewhere. But that would mean making somebody's little golfing pal look like a chump.
    Have to attend a meeting for about 30 minutes this afternoon, bad point is that it's a 200 mile round trip because nobody else can be bothered. :evil:
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    I feel so tired. Really should learn to go to bed when I feel tired, not when I decide I've surfed enough interwebz.
    This

'ning
    Work, gym, bed.
    That is all
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Maybe its a tiredness bug... or maybe i'm tired 'in sympathy' either way i'm tired, rode to work today and it felt like my tyres were sucking on the road sapping all my energy.

This made me late, which in turn made me miss the bacons van.... meh
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    i concur with thread title

surely its thursday by now
  • Does anyone know anything about Mac Servers? More specifically, Lion OS Servers. They're seriously fecking me off! I'm in the mood for throwing them across the room.

Also, I have a meeting with my boss weekly, a 1 to 1, where we can talk specifically about things I'm doing etc. Except recently my boss has decided it's a good idea to bring my minion, which is getting on my nerves. She's a good minion, but she shouldn't be in the discussions I'm having with my boss!!!!!
    [/rant]
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Sat at my desk watching a progress counter that hasn't moved for the last 20 minutes :?

Waiting for it to warm up outside before I take the dogs for a walk (the joys of working from home), that's if I can drag them out of their kennel.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    work is going slow, currently filling a void with skins on the mobile.

Alas like everyone else, too tired to do anything!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Been for my first physio appointment. As expected it was a complete waste of time as I can't do anything until the staples come out, and the staples come out on Monday.

Still, I've been told I can use the hospital gym free of charge and should also be getting booked into the hyperbaric chamber at some point soon for some rehab in there. Which is all very nice.
  • jndb72 wrote:
    Sat at my desk watching a progress counter that hasn't moved for the last 20 minutes :?

Maybe if you were doing some work instead of just watching and waiting the progress counter might actually register something...?

I've got the day off so having done some chores I'm off out on my bike to enjoy the lovely afternoon sun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    edited January 2012
    Yay, great time in the local woods mucking around on doing drop offs jumps and steps :-) Might be good practice for Cwmcarn as it looks like we're off there on Friday if the weather isn't too bad - the forecasts look dry and not too cold at at present.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    fifth day in the states, been in a state for most of it, Hooters initial attraction has worn very thin, on the up side got work in a bit which should kill a few hours! then some much needed gym time.

laters homes!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • bg13
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_M ... -22_Raptor

came to the states to play with these!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    bg13 wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-22_Raptor

Pah its no red arrow!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    bg13 wrote:

Niiiiiiiiiiice!

what's your job then?

Poor chump who's not allowed to muck around with a F-35.

Only joking, if you had access to a J-20 now that would be impressive.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    bg13 wrote:

Niiiiiiiiiiice!

what's your job then?

Poor chump who's not allowed to muck around with a F-35.

Only joking, if you had access to a J-20 now that would be impressive.

Loads in the local boozer and Tescos , only question is what flavor Apple and Mango or Orange and Cranberry?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • bg13 wrote:
    fifth day in the states, been in a state for most of it, Hooters initial attraction has worn very thin, on the up side got work in a bit which should kill a few hours! then some much needed gym time.

laters homes!

Dude hooters is amazing, enjoy it. No way possible for the attraction to hooters to go away when dealing with a remotely heterosexual man, so MTFU. My ex was a hooters girl, used to get lots of free drinks and food, and enjoyed the "atmosphere" (read spheres)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    evening all,
    i still have no internet access at my new job!!!

just tried to change my shifters on the bike but teh cable outers have rusted and corroded onto the cable...had to cut them off!! i wondered why it was so tough changing gear :shock:

ah well, a trip to the bike shop is in order tomorrow then :?
  • I'm watching Stargazing Live. It's no Sky at Night though.

Just had a traditional Black Pudding, boiled, none of this frying sh1t. Delicious!

Now i'm off to look at some Hooters pictures. For research purposes of course!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    quite a productive evening. serviced my brother's pedals and cleaned up in the shed. another bag full of rubbish. i really need to learn to throw things away straight away instead of leaving them on the work table. it gets so untidy in there!

also took apart and cleaned my broken avid elixir 5 front brake. sorted out the piston and just need a new lever assembly and hose to get it running again but i'll leave that for the future
  • bg13
    http://www.reachspotter.eu/Tom's%20Airc ... entry.html

i work on these

vw surfbum, the seats go bang on these when they are supposed to, so they tell me, mm Hooters is ok but have od'd a bit!

nother week and a half left so am gonna try and drink em out of spicey and coke!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er