Helmet advice for man with a pea head!

CharlieCroker
CharlieCroker Posts: 7
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
Firstly evening and a little intro i am a 40 year old geezer and i am currently training for a charity bike ride. I am needing to purchase a helmet but not sure on sizing and price range etc. Also i have measured my head and its 22.5", does this seem right for a 6ft bloke or do i have a pea head :lol: ?
Cheers
CC

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    With helemts - i'd go to a shop and try them on. Saying that for a pea head there's load of bargains to be had as for example when you see something cheap on CRC they are either small or extra small perfect for a pea sized head.
  • Helmet sizes are usually in metric - so you are looking at a 57-58 (cm). Prob a medium in most helmets. That said - you should still try on if you can!
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    With helemts - i'd go to a shop and try them on.

This. It's suitable advice in general as far as helmets go; everyone has an odd-shaped head in one way or another.

Slightly related story: I was in the market for a Giro Xen a few years ago, and went to the LBS to try one on. The fella on standby handed me a medium, stating with great confidence that 'only mutants need a large'. I tried it on, told him I'd think about it, then went home and bought a large from Wiggle at a discounted price. Don't take no guff from the swine!
  • i would reccomend trying out 661 Recon, lots of adjustment and very comfertable