661 Helmet Peak Interchangability

clamps81
clamps81 Posts: 315
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Seems like the best place for this, but apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I smashed the peak off of my 661 Evolution Inspiral helmet at the weekend and now, I cannot, for the life of me find a replacement. Don't care about colour, just want something that fits. The three screw fitting on there looks the same as many other 661 helmets, but I'm not sure how different the profile of the shell might be between models. Would I be able to get a visor from another model and stick it on without too much difficulty? The flight warp and fenix ones look about right.

Is this doable? Failing that, any suggestions of where I might be able to get this item without paying through the nose? I'm not paying twenty quid for a bit of plastic if I can possibly avoid it. I'd half hoped it was some sort of universal fitment and I could get a 2 quid thing on ebay, but it appears that this is not the case.
Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces

Comments

• Won't help determine compatibility - but if they are 'universal-ish' then a sort by discount high-low on crc always throws up cheap fins/visors/peaks. There are two 661 styles for 3 quid and a flight warp for 6; would be great if they fitted!
  • I got a replacement peak (as a spare) for my 661 from CRC. I had to hunt for it at the time due to their strange description and categorisation of the part.
    Have a look on CRC, if no luck, contact ONE Industries, the UK 661 distributor on 01792-467467
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    ah well, in lieu of a definitive answer I'll buy the cheapest suitable looking peak I can from somewhere and hope. Failing that I suppose a call to the distributors is in order. Cheers folks.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces