what 140mm FS, easy to carry and light

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
as above, what would you reccomend. If you had to buy a 140mm trail/AM full sus. It has to be easy to stick on the shoulder and hike for a few miles, so light, easy/comfy to carry and tough are the requirements

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Have you changed your mind again?

You need one of those old school tool/holdall things that's padded to fit your shoulder, that fits between the top tube and the seat stay.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Wouldn't it be better to choose a bike that rides well rather than one that is good to carry? Why on earth would you want to carry a bike? Plan your routes better if you come across a lot of stuff you can't ride or just learn to ride better.
  • Have you changed your mind again?

in regards to what?
    You need one of those old school tool/holdall things that's padded to fit your shoulder, that fits between the top tube and the seat stay
    genius! i was thinking about fabricating something like that.
    Wouldn't it be better to choose a bike that rides well rather than one that is good to carry? Why on earth would you want to carry a bike? Plan your routes better if you come across a lot of stuff you can't ride or just learn to ride better.

that would be ok in an ideal world but the wilderness just is not that kind, plus i enjoy it.

supersonic, thats way out my price bracket LOl
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Sorry confusing you with someone else after a frame.

No need to fabricate - pretty sure they will be out there somewhere.
  • aye, theres all sorts of tool belt attachments, will need to have a hunt and see if any of mine fit, will have to think about how to mount it to the backpack, awesome idea dude
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Have you changed your mind again?

in regards to what?

The blue pig ? So are you scrapping that idea or having 2 toys :D
  • oh im building the pig, got most of the stuff, just dont think i will get the forks in time as the order date on CRC sees to be geting pushed back a month each time, 3 toys ;)

ive got a Giant glory for DH and a Marin wolfridge 140mm for general hooliganism, but its awkward to cary and a tad heavy, but ive made it heavyer with the gear ive stuck on it
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    supersonic, thats way out my price bracket LOl
    And your price bracket is?????????

For the same money you'll always get a lighter HT than FS!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic, thats way out my price bracket LOl
    And your price bracket is?????????

For the same money you'll always get a lighter HT than FS!

Simon

aye but im not after a lighter HT, im buildig a heardtail that will see out my needs
  • talk about a dodgy post lol.

Cubes look easy to carry, AMS for example, lots of space in the frame, the cube hardtails i had were very nice to ride. Anyone got a AMS?