Policeman tries to grab helmet cam!

2»

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I think all normal cyclists are embaressed by this guy's behaviour.
    He is completely disrespectful and sets back the cause of cyclists to be serious road users.
    His actions and the publicity around it actually causes cyclists more danger as drivers see how moronic he is and tar us all with the same brush.

Agree with this 100%. As a cyclist and a car driver it p****s me off no end when I see cyclists doing this kind of thing. Not because I think they're gaining some kind of advantage over me or other road users but because it just adds weight to the "all cyclists ignore the rules" argument.
    I've watched the video and the PC did not handle the situation well, but the cyclist was/is an a******e and should not be held up as some kind of crusading, anti-establishment hero for it. Hopefully, he will do it again and come up against someone who knows what he is talking about and penalise him accordingly.
    If you want to use the roads, be it motorist, cyclist or pedestrian then obey the rules, it's as simple as that. You might think going thorugh a red light on a bike is not going to affect anyone else but as soon as someone breaks with convention or does something other road users cannot anticipate then it affects everyone.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Crescent wrote:
    If you want to use the roads, be it motorist, cyclist or pedestrian then don't be a tw4t it's as simple as that. You might think going thorugh a red light on a bike is not going to affect anyone else but as soon as someone breaks with convention or does something other road users cannot anticipate then it affects everyone.

FTFY ;)
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,996
    Crescent wrote:
    I think all normal cyclists are embaressed by this guy's behaviour.
    He is completely disrespectful and sets back the cause of cyclists to be serious road users.
    His actions and the publicity around it actually causes cyclists more danger as drivers see how moronic he is and tar us all with the same brush.

Agree with this 100%. As a cyclist and a car driver it p****s me off no end when I see cyclists doing this kind of thing. Not because I think they're gaining some kind of advantage over me or other road users but because it just adds weight to the "all cyclists ignore the rules" argument.
    I've watched the video and the PC did not handle the situation well, but the cyclist was/is an a******e and should not be held up as some kind of crusading, anti-establishment hero for it. Hopefully, he will do it again and come up against someone who knows what he is talking about and penalise him accordingly.
    If you want to use the roads, be it motorist, cyclist or pedestrian then obey the rules, it's as simple as that. You might think going thorugh a red light on a bike is not going to affect anyone else but as soon as someone breaks with convention or does something other road users cannot anticipate then it affects everyone.
    Holy Indignance, Batman. All that and you didn't even actually get to see what it is that you are bothered about.

I rather admire the calm of the cyclist. I was never one for authority and I'm firmly in the camp which believes that the most upsetting thing here is law enforcement with no comprehension of the powers at their disposal. Hard to use good judgment if you haven't got a clue.