Prob with Oversized Handlebars fitting remote lockout

Smegit
Smegit Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, this is my 1st post! I have Oversized Handlebars and a new fork Marzocchi Corsa SL RC (2011) and i was fitting the remote lockout to the handlebars but its a fixed diameter and won't fit!!!. Why? I have Ergon Grips (specific for twist grips) + Sram X.0 twisters + Formula R1 brakes... this takes up a fixed length that cannot be adjusted!!! so when i went to install remote fitting i couldn't, they started to encroach where the bars progress to 31.8 and the diameter of the fitment is toooo small. Contacted Windwave but they had no solution other than to buy wider bars!!! has anyone else encountered this or has a cunning plan on how i can fix it? many thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    new bar time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or if possible ditch the remote. They are pretty pointless anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seconded, some 31.8's hold the 22mm control diameter for much further than others, Ritchey are quite good for that.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.