Ok Cav

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited January 2012 in Pro race
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I laughed when I saw that on his Twitter this morning - I also have OCD. Things have to be done in a certain order, dishes have to stacked so everything is level. My wife bought me some 'Laws of Straightness' Post-It-Notes :)

They call me 'Mr 90 degrees' at work - my desk is a sight to behold :)
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Looking pretty lean for this time of year, Mr Cavendish!!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • TMR
    greeny12 wrote:

Yes. He's been using a nutritionist. Not that I'm a Twitter stalker or anything ;)

Hope this bodes well.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

So why is he always in trouble for leaving his racing line???? ;)
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    He's also losing his hair. He'll look like a curley Kevin Spacey soon.

I also thought it was a commentary on the TDU sprint...Chav's had his issues with Petacchi in the past. And Haussler. And Thor.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    greeny12 wrote:
    You don't pay £1.6 million, for a tubby.

Believe me, I know, I've not got any money.
  • TMR
    PostieJohn wrote:

Is that all his contract with SKY was worth? Obviously I am using 'all' in a relative sense. I read Wiggins got £2 million, so Cav should have at least got that, and arguably more.

Also, I didn't realise Wiggins was only 31. I thought he was older because he always acts like a miserable old git.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    I also thought it was a commentary on the TDU sprint...Chav's had his issues with Petacchi in the past. And Haussler. And Thor.

If that's true, that's quite clever! I like it!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    PostieJohn wrote:

Is that all his contract with SKY was worth? Obviously I am using 'all' in a relative sense. I read Wiggins got £2 million, so Cav should have at least got that, and arguably more.
    A little quote in this months Cycle Sport and it's even worse for Cav:-

BMC would have paid Cav even more than the 1.6 million euro's a year he'll get from Sky.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Was Wiggins not £2m for the full term of his contract, as opposed to Cav's £1.6m per year?

I'm also wondering what sponsorship deals Cav cut to go along, he is still hocking Nike and Oakley but never seen a peep about Pinarello yet ... Whereas Geraint Thomas is all over the Pinarello ads ... I'm always interested in the money politics that goes on (for example Levi/Spesh/QSOP) ...
  • TMR
    Was Wiggins not £2m for the full term of his contract, as opposed to Cav's £1.6m per year?

Aah, if it's per year then that's different. I read Wiggins was getting £2 million over 2 years.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800

I'm also wondering what sponsorship deals Cav cut to go along, he is still hocking Nike and Oakley but never seen a peep about Pinarello yet ... Whereas Geraint Thomas is all over the Pinarello ads ... I'm always interested in the money politics that goes on (for example Levi/Spesh/QSOP) ...

Speaking of Sponsors..

2012 NIKE | Mark Cavendish | How will you #makeitcount?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzue7yNbV8
    cartoon.jpg
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    ddraver wrote:

If it's true, its not just clever, its psychic - it was originally posted several hours before the stage.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    edited January 2012
    Judging by that video he still has Spesh sponsorship for the lid then ...

And Pinarello were given a brief glimpse so some deal must have been cut ...

Edit: Nope, Kask helmet in Cycling news pics from Mallorca ...

This site/mag should do a feature on the mechanics of the whole thing, if no numbers are mentioned it's not tacky ... Just interesting to see how being the most marketable cyclist is played out ...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    LangerDan wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

If it's true, its not just clever, its psychic - it was originally posted several hours before the stage.

Booooo!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    [cycling pedant] Chav is a nickname for Chavanel not Cavendish [/cycling pedant]
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Doobz wrote:
    Speaking of Sponsors..

2012 NIKE | Mark Cavendish | How will you #makeitcount?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzue7yNbV8

Just don't get the Cav-Nike link, Nike don't do cycling kit anylonger, am I really going to buy some High-Tops because Cav wears Nike cycling shoes that you can't actually buy :?
  • I thought Cav hooked with Nike (or should that be Nike hooked up with Cav) because of:-

a) connection with a certain Texan fellow, when Big George rode for HTC Cav hung out with said fellow
    b) Nike are very astute - they guessed correctly that Cavendish would become a household name not just in mainland Europe but further afield (think it is fair to say he's a household sporting name in the UK)