London to Paris 2012

Velonutter
Velonutter Posts: 2,437
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
I've been asked by a few people to organise another ride, I would have done it earlier but with a family bereavement my time at the end of last year was taken up with that.

It proves a great incentive towards getting fit for the whole year.

The trips likely to be at the end of June and will be for 5 nights, initial thoughts are on Tuesday 26th June returning on Sunday 1st July.

I need a minimum of ten people to make it work, I don't make any money out of it.

I need to update the website http://www.velonuts.co.uk with last years ride, but essentially I plan to replicate last years journey which was: -

Day 1 - London to Portsmouth - Overnight on the Ferry
Day 2 - St. Malo to Laval
Day 3 - Laval - Ferte Bernhard
Day 4 - Ferte Bernhard to Paris
Day 5 - Spend the day and night exploring Paris

Daily distances are between 80-95 miles with a little challenge of 123 miles on the final day, but the last 40 miles carries you as the euphoria gets you through.

Costs are about £500 which includes everything apart from lunch, and evening meals in Paris. Fully supported by a van so nothing to carry, just get yourselves down to Westminster, we'll take your bikes in the van, then the Eurostar home.

l2p_day1.jpg

l2p_day2.jpg

l2p_day4.jpg

Can't think of a better way to look forward to the summer, with the sun on your back and French roads and people!

I can accommodate up to about 20 people, but you need to confirm by the end of the month as I need to get the bookings under way.

PM Me or call me me on 01902-790797