Lappiere Spicy 516 v Canyon Strive ES 9.0

sirichmond
sirichmond Posts: 250
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
So after this weekends ride in Hebden and loving the old Lappy what do I replace her with. A 2011 Spicy 516 or do I take the plunge no test ride etc on a Canyon Strive ES 9.0, hell of a lot of bike for the money. Any Strive owners on here?

http://www.allthegearnoidea.net

Yorkshire & North East MTB

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I guess that no strive owners on here then?

So do you currently already have a spicy and just want a newer one? If so I'd check what the difference in the frame is. if not much has changed i'd say you'd be better off spending the money on upgrading the components.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    there are a couple of strive owners that have posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920&start=20 , might be a better idea to ask your canyon questions there, or send the owners a message
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • mmafan
    mmafan Posts: 26
    I got the Strive 2011 7.0 and wont get another bike for a while....
    Took me a while to get used to the bike coming off a freeride/dh rig but after a coupkle months I'm back up to speed if not faster on this bike....
    Canyon has a low bottom bracket and I catch a pedal now and then but all this means I've had to get better at carrying speed through corners so I don't catch a pedal when powering out of a corner with the bike still leaned over a bit.......

That said though if I didn't get the Canyon then I would've got a Lapierre or second hand Santa Cruz Nomad.
    Spesh Rockhopper 2005, Giant Glory Zero 2007, KTM Flavour 2009, Canyon Strive 7.0 2011