CC Luton Reliability 100KM 26th February

Banterme
Banterme Posts: 2
This is the sixth and last event of the Chiltern Classics Reliability Rides for 2012. The route commences from the village hall in Edlesborough and travels through Slapton before turning south back through Ivinghoe to climb Ivinghoe Beacon. From Ringshall, the route continues through Little Gaddesden and Nettleden to Potten End where it makes it's way onto the A4251 south of Berkhamsted before heading out through Bovingdon and Chesham. Passing briefly through Chesham town centre, the route heads towards Great Missenden on the B485 before taking to the lanes again through The Lee, St Leonards & Cholesbury before dropping down Hastoe Hill into Tring. From there, the route picks up the B489 through Marsworth before heading back through Aldbury so as not to miss out the delights of Tom's Hill. Finally, once more over the Beacon from the easier side before dropping back down to the HQ for a well earned cuppa. 61 miles in all and about 1,000m of climbing. Organiser Leigh Marmon

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course. ... rse=341108

This is a totally new 100KM route, no other distance available
£5.00 fee only, map and directions provided, plus route will be sign posted with blue markers with arrows and CC Luton.Hot and Cold drinks + cakes sandwiches etc available from the hall at modest cost, car parking opposite hall
Certificates on the day for group categories based on individual times

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    did this last year on the previous route ad really enjoyed it...despite the last few miles in freezing rain!

hope to be back to sample the new route :D
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Fingers crossed the weather behaves
  • bigpikle
    up for this :D

new route looks interesting
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    Hope to do this next week. The new route looks hillier than the previous route and I'm glad that I won't have to go on the lane between Redbourn and Flamstead which is invariably flooded at this time of year.
  • Bronzie
    Just a "heads up" for anyone riding tomorrow that there is a slight route change around Cholesbury area due to a road closure. Full details will be available at HQ tomorrow and sign-posting will of course be adjusted to suit.

See you there!
  • bigpikle
    looks like a cracking day for it - see you in the morning!
  • Bronzie
    Sign-on sheets etc avaialable on our webiste

http://ccluton.wordpress.com/reliability/

See you there
  • bigpikle
    what a superb event - again!

Have to say it, but £5 for a 100km fully signed route, well organised, plenty of refreshments at the start/finish, pretty good and varied route with enough hills to keep it interesting and luckily this year we had lovely sunny weather as well rather than the freezing rain of last year!

well done guys and see you next year :D
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    Thanks for another very good event. A nice route with varied terrain and superb cycling weather, so much so that I did it on my summer bike and did a bit extra to take the mileage over 100 km.

Did you hear about the rider who crashed going down White Hill in Chesham? When I passed there was a paramedic car attending him and 2 fellow cyclists standing by. He was lying on his back with his eyes open and appeared to be ok - I do hope he wasn't badly injured.
  • Bronzie
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys - will be sure to pass it on to the organiser who was doing this event for the first time and at fairly short notice as well as the previous organiser pulled out at Christmas.

The rider who crashed was one of our own I'm afraid. Front wheel washed out on crossing some road paint on the descent into Chesham. Sounds like he's done his collarbone but need to confirm this.

Cheers
    Rich

PS BigPikle were you wearing a "Slapton" jersey with your name across the back. Nice touch! You came past the group I was in on the road through Little Gaddesden
  • bigpikle
    no - that was a guy I was riding with for a while though. It said 'Biggles' or something didnt it?

I think I rode past your group though - did you have the guy with the beanie hat and no helmet that was in the Luton kit? I was in Castelli stuff with a white gilet & helmet. I think you passed me on Ivinghoe near the start and I caught up again in the later stages.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Yep good ride today, enjoyed it. Although was struggling towards the end going up Ashridge, nice of Bronzie to pass and tow me in to the finish!
  • Bronzie
    Bigpikle wrote:
    did you have the guy with the beanie hat and no helmet that was in the Luton kit?
    Yeah, started with him but didn't last beyond the first hill :lol:
    hammerite wrote:
    nice of Bronzie to pass and tow me in to the finish!
    All for a fiver................you just don't get that sort of service everywhere :wink: