The OMFG THE PAIN!!!! Morning Thread

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited January 2012 in The Crudcatcher
S'up homos!

True to the good morning thread rules, I have been to sleep, and have now got up.

Woke up about 30min ago in fookin agony, must have twitched my leg or something. Feels like I might have popped a couple of staples. Had 2 codeine so just waiting for them to kick in and will re-assess when it's light.

What are we all up to today then benders?

Comments

• Sorry about that - good excuse for codeine though!
    Today early start and plnning trips to Haifa, USA and India - actually they are not particularly interesting.
  • S'up homos!

True to the good morning thread rules, I have been to sleep, and have now got up.

Woke up about 30min ago in fookin agony, must have twitched my leg or something. Feels like I might have popped a couple of staples. Had 2 codeine so just waiting for them to kick in and will re-assess when it's light.

What are we all up to today then benders?
    I had the same happen when I broke my knee, forgot it was broken, and tried rolling over in my sleep. Stupidly paintful!

Morning all,

not long got up, relaxation is in order until around 8:30 when I venture into town in the hopes of finding even a retail job to tide me over for a while.
  • Well it dosent look like I popped any staples after all, just changed my dressings to be sure. Must have just knocked it or something.

We're now approaching 1 week where I've literally been laid in bed only getting up to go to the bog and it's not much fun. Got 1st lot of physio on Tues. I've been pre-approved for as much as I need so am going to see what they say. I'm looking at possibly dropping to a 4 day working week for 6 months and having 1 day of intensive physio/gym/swimming each week, plus whatever I can manage on a weekend. I do plan on coming out the other side fitter than when I went in, but it does seem a long way off atm.

allen.coulson - You'll have to take orders with you for cheap bike stuff to bring back from the states. I'll have an X0 groupset.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Hang in there CWNT, and good luck with the first physio sesh.

Yo, yo, yo, what up Augustus Gloops?

No more work M'eh for the next 10 days as snowy slopes are calling. Sat here awaiting my lift and contemplating how good living on raman is going to be for the next year to pay for it! :lol:

In keeping with this mornings theme (and last years skiing), this time last year I had just broken the top of my arm into seven pieces. Here's hoping for a non-repeat of that little episode. Defo wasn't a good time to try rolling over in my sleep! :?

Still, if it wasn't challanging and dangerous, we'd call it football 8)

Owards to caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning shoot stirrers!

I didn't get enough sleep last night. I can't figure out when I'm tired, and wait until I'm really tired. Meh.
    Hopefully today will be quiet at work, as I really cba doing anything remotely challenging.

I'm undecided about Chocolate Weetabix. They're kind of nice, but kind of wrong.

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank wrote:
    Hang in there CWNT, and good luck with the first physio sesh.

Yo, yo, yo, what up Augustus Gloops?

No more work M'eh for the next 10 days as snowy slopes are calling. Sat here awaiting my lift and contemplating how good living on raman is going to be for the next year to pay for it! :lol:

In keeping with this mornings theme (and last years skiing), this time last year I had just broken the top of my arm into seven pieces. Here's hoping for a non-repeat of that little episode. Defo wasn't a good time to try rolling over in my sleep! :?

Still, if it wasn't challanging and dangerous, we'd call it football 8)

Owards to caffiene!

Where you off to then?
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Where you off to then?

Big White in Canada, foregoing the epic snow that the Alps seems to be getting.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Jellybaby smugglers,
    feels like i havent had a weekend, worked late friday, walked around being terrorised by kids most of the day saturday, then worked saturday night, then went to chicksands on sunday.
    Things i've learnt this weekend are, I cant do what i watch on biking DVD's, my body's not getting any younger, Dont watch films such as The War Horse when your over tired and ready to break at any moment.
    The Junkyard Dog will be retired early as i really dont enjoy riding it, and all i think about is doing proper riding again.

Today i have some spreadsheets to finish off then i Will find somewhere to sleep

CWNT try and get some of the tablet form of morphine, thats proper Shizzle!

Clank, Break a leg! I'm soooo Jealous of anyone going anywhere snowy at the moment. I saw Yehaaa has been over in Morzine, looked amazing.
    Next year... hopefully
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084

not long

Like my obvious

Morning Scuttlers

MTFU CWNT and all will be good, its not as though you have toothache or owt, and even then you dont see mee whinging about it ;)

Back to work today, have no idea what I'm doing this week, i dont think they do to be honest. Bike shed is half built but would have been done if Mrs G's Sisters fella wasnt such a lazy cheesewand, he plays games until stupid o clock, and either gets up at 7 to go to work and sleeps then all evening when he ges back or just doesnt get up until 3 in the afternoon like yesterday. It wouldn't be so bad but he's 29 and need to grow up.

Anyway, rant over

Laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Less than 2 weeks in work before i'm off skiing for 3 weeks (1 week in Aviemore training, two in Bavaria racing). Today will be full of meh as i'm in stupid 1950's looking uniform for the day, but on the plus side most of the day will be spent sorting out race kit for skiing :)
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    CWNT sounds painful, rather you than me.

Anyways, it's freezing cold but alas I need to leave the house for work eventually.

Do the rest of my PPI claim form (I've a friend that worked for an insurance company that dealt with ppi claims and was an fsa advisor so she'll give me some handy tips)

nowt else planned.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders.

Meh.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders.

Meh.

Laters

+ Potato (man flu)
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning!

Aching a bit this morning from an epic weekend - did a short loop at Dalby on Saturday - started on the blue and swapped over to the red at the Riggs and Dales, had a brilliant time. MrF had a an OTB, which was entertaining. Drank way too much on Saturday night and had a bit of a hangover for the first time in ages. Topped it all off by snowboarding yesterday. win.
    Monday sucks, but it won't be long till Friday is upon us again.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    workmeh with a slight intermission today.

Interview for another job.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • VWsurfbum
    Good luck Spong.

One spreadshiiiit out the way, now to find out what the mongs did over the weekend to make my life a misery :roll:
    No Bacons yet, but there's still time.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Good luck Spong.

Thanks. The job spec is so vague I'm not sure what they're looking for other than the job title fits.

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Good luck Spong.

Thanks. The job spec is so vague I'm not sure what they're looking for other than the job title fits.

Why is it vague ? you'd have thought PIG INSEMINATOR says it all
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Morning Lard Ar$es,

I've just been for my free NHS health check up and passed with flying colours - apparently I have less than a 2% chance of dying of a heart attack in the next 10 years... Amazingly my cholesterol level was low and she told me I needed to increase my 'good' cholesterol level (whatever that is), which apparently means eating more oily fish and things like that. I asked her if bacon would help, seems not.

Anyway, a day of starting to sort out the other halfs piles of old stuff as she never bins anything until we have no more room. At least she realises she's got a problem!

@ allen.coulson, what do you do for a job, seems you are permanently travelling the world?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning all, been in work since 7 an smashed out to presentations.

Mate of mine has booked me and him on to the uplift session at Bringewood and after watching the YouTube videos like the one;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw7cgxtu ... ata_player

I am super stoked about Saturday! (I just hope I don't slow everyone down, think I'll stay at the back!)

Taking the stumpy so building that up on Friday afternoon/evening
  • Whorsemouths

Today is set for personal admin meh with a sprinkling of meh on the side

Meh
  • Kaise wrote:
    I am super stoked about Saturday!

Rad! Supergnar!

Will you be feeding off each other?

and so on.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Come bye...

Fun weekend on my bike in the sun, Sherwood Pines on sat followed by a loop at the peaks Sunday... The only slight downer on sunday was a frozen muddy climb near the cat & fiddle.

Climbing on the hoof prints were a little uncomfortable so i thought i'd move over to the nice smooth, frozen muddy track on the side...

Just reached the gate when <crack> the crust broke and I'm sat axle deep in what I realised was a river of cowshit...

Awaaaaay!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Kaise wrote:
    Morning all, been in work since 7 an smashed out to presentations.

Mate of mine has booked me and him on to the uplift session at Bringewood and after watching the YouTube videos like the one;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw7cgxtu ... ata_player

I am super stoked about Saturday! (I just hope I don't slow everyone down, think I'll stay at the back!)

Taking the stumpy so building that up on Friday afternoon/evening

great place to uplift!

Really enjoyed it last year, though i never seen so much mud as i did then lol! so if it's raining make sure you got some good mud tyres on your wheels! lots of options for routes on the downs aswell!
  • spongtastic
    Well the interview seemed to go ok. On the plus side it would also be nice working in an office where there's women and they'd be fine with me cycling to work because it's standard 9 to 5. No traveling, no on call, and I'd be the client managing contractors for a change. I'd also have the opportunity to employ 3 minions of my choice. Should know by friday.

• VWsurfbum
    Women at work?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Women at work?

More flange than Hope's hub factory.

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Women at work?

Their made of cheese too?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Women at work?

Their made of cheese too?

Most looked top quality and I'd like to try and void their warranty :wink:

• VWsurfbum
    :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty