Slipping leg warmers

Niffleman
Niffleman Posts: 87
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
Now the weather is a little colder I have started to use leg warmers, although without much success. I began by buying some large sized warmers, but I found they slipped down pretty quickly, and were fairly irritating. "Fine, wrong size", I thought and bought some in medium. I am having the same slipping problem. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    do it properly and buy some bib tights...?
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    how are you wearing your leg warmers? do they go over or under your bibs?

I've never used them so i don't know the correct way -> but i'm sure someone will know.
  • jim55
    jim55 Posts: 93
    under bib sorts ,,obv tucked under the thighs
  • jim55 wrote:
    under bib sorts ,,obv tucked under the thighs

Have you tried developing your leg muscles, that grips them between your shorts quite well usually.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jim55
    hahahahah ,,my legs are fine
    001-2.jpg
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    edited January 2012
    think that piccy belongs in the 'girls with short skirts' thread over in the cake stop!

edit: also maybe your legs are too big? pushing the leg warmers down?
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I have some Castelli leg warmers and they stay up where they should perfectly. They have a rubbery gripper thing around the top.

My wife bought me some very expensive Assos leg warmers for Christmas. They don't have the gripper thingy and they slip down very quickly. Bit disappointing really.
  • jim55
    :D if i seen a girl with thighs like that id b looking at fatima whitbread lol,,its not me whos having the deal with leg warmers slipping ,,i just posted that i n response to a post ,,i gen wear long bibs when its cold ,, or bib shorts when its not sub zero,,sorted :lol:
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Razor.jpg
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    I've recently bought some Endura leg warmers and they've been great. I thought slippage would be a problem but it hasn't been . They have a grippy section at the top too, as previously mentioned.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Are they pink like these leg warmers here?? If so then i think they're just gravitating to where they should be!! :D

costume-001001-the-1980s-fame-man.jpg
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,167
    which ones?

the best have grippers inside and outside, castelli narcisista or nanoflex for instance
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    jim55 wrote:
    :D if i seen a girl with thighs like that id b looking at fatima whitbread lol,,its not me whos having the deal with leg warmers slipping ,,i just posted that i n response to a post ,,i gen wear long bibs when its cold ,, or bib shorts when its not sub zero,,sorted :lol:

You don't go out with those things uncovered do you?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Winter is for tights.

Leg warmers are for Spring and Autumn.

Either you need another make of legwarmer, or pin them up ? But I'd only use tights in winter. Its not like you'll be thinking 'blimey its warm now' and taking the legwarmers off half way round is it ?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I saw someone out yesterday in a short sleeve top and shorts! Agree, tights are for winter, leg warmer for spring and autumn and above the knee exposure only permissable when there's isn't an R in the month. Mind you, the latest thermal bib shorts and decent leg warmers are good for when it's about 10 degrees.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • easy way out is to get a full length pair to go all the way under your bibshorts

great place to get them from is here

http://www.theprintsofwales.co.uk/index.php/shop.html
    bianchi via nirone 7 reparto corse 2008 alu/carbon 105

http://app.strava.com/athletes/1248390
  • jim55
    Tom Dean wrote:
    jim55 wrote:

not just now obv ,,but when the sun is shining ,,,sure ,,iv always trained and done a bit of squatting and stuff ,,my fitness is rubbish though :D
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    jim55 wrote:
    Tom Dean wrote:
    jim55 wrote:

not just now obv ,,but when the sun is shining ,,,sure ,,iv always trained and done a bit of squatting and stuff ,,my fitness is rubbish though :D

:( please take sub55's advice