Sram Rival Front Mech Cable Slipping ????

Avoneer
Avoneer Posts: 525
edited January 2012 in Workshop
Hi All,
Having a few probs with the cable in my Sram Rival front mech slipping.
It's fine where it is with the cable under the little notch, but I think it should be above - but this is where it slips.
Any help anyone?
Thanks,
Pat.
mech.jpg
"Campagnolo has soul, Shimano has ruthless efficiency and SRAM has yet to acquire mystique. Differentiating between them is a matter of taste"

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    My SRAM Force has a little groove on the arm that the cable locates in. Are you using enough torque on the bolt? It should be 5Nm and i've never had a cable slip at the proper torque setting.
  • Avoneer
    Avoneer Posts: 525
    Yep - tightened up correctly - the groove runs across the mech just above the little peg, but the cable can still run as in my pic or above the peg - just trying to work out how it "should" be.
    "Campagnolo has soul, Shimano has ruthless efficiency and SRAM has yet to acquire mystique. Differentiating between them is a matter of taste"
  • I recently fitted an Apex one and the pdf guide is the same for both models - I found it hard to see clearly online but in my paper copy I am sure it goes the other way round the little peg. If it goes the other (correct) way there is one single bend as it angles round to go into the groove. If you route it the way you have it looks like it has to loop around the peg to enter the groove properly.

http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files ... eurs_6.pdf

I'll check for sure on my bike in a while (kids to bed first!) - I put mine the way it was when I bought it so will post later.
  • yep checked mine and cable runs the other way round the peg - check yourself by resetting it and you should see the cable has a much straighter route to the groove if it runs on the other side.