Malvern Hills

coyote101
coyote101 Posts: 125
edited January 2012 in MTB rides
I am keen to ride the Malvern Hills in the near future, but useless with maps n would probably get lost if I went alone! Looking for riding groups who would show me round one weekend, intermediate riding ability but thinks he's advanced :wink:, love the downs.....

Thanks, happy riding! JP

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The main Malverns themselves are very narrow, you'd struggle to get lost. It's a long thing strip of hill, surrounded by towns and main roads, as long as you can tell North from South on a compass you can figure everything else out. It's not like going out somewhere like the Long Mynd or the Peaks.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    This months WMB has a feature on riding the Malvern Hills, might be of some help to you. :)
    Cheers Nathan.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    naffa wrote:
    This months WMB has a feature on riding the Malvern Hills, might be of some help to you. :)

Beat me too it!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • It is very hard to get lost, but also easy to miss some cracking stuff. There is a bike shop called Back on Track that can give advice. I ride there fairly regularly and would happily show you around if you don't mind a bit of steady eddie riding...