cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Come on you Essex riders, get your bids in. This is sad. :cry:

http://tinyurl.com/86wha9z

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Thanks, but I think we're too late. And I thought I was in with a shot, since I now qualify for Saga and I am def not going to be the next Mark Cavendish (I was hoping location might be negotiable).
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    The Only Way is Yorkshire

Now I'd be in that and everyone would watch it.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I don't think free membership is the way to go. Do they have a website - can't see one on google - not on the first page anyway. There's a boom in cycling right now - clubs that adapt should be doing well - bigger isn't always better but there is no shortage of people looking to get into cycling right now and clubs that want to grow can pick them up.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I can't see much of a web presence either. Cycling is not alone in suffering from this kinda thing though. I recently looked into trying to play some recreational ice hockey (played the sport as a kid and would love to play again) but there is so little information, with dead websites and forums which were last updated in the 2000s that it's difficult to try and get what (if anything) is going on. I then looked into playing some inline hockey and there are a huge numbers of clubs which don't have websites, yet often seem to struggle for players!!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live