Boardman Pro Ht 2011 Headset Missing Parts?

deggy92
deggy92 Posts: 8
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
I have this week bought a Boardman Pro ht 2011 frame. Absolutely brand new, unridden, never built, with fsa comet crank, sram x9 front mech, and fsa intergrated headset.
Everything turned up and I am very happy with it, although, just looking tonight, I have noticed that the headset supplied isn't complete. It's not been fitted yet and was supplied, kept together with a zip tie. My previous (stolen) Boardman pro ht was a semi intergrated headset but I can't for the life of me figure out what parts are missing of the headset. the frame is for a tapered fork so I know I have got the bottom bearings which simply sit inside the frame....missing the top bearings.....then I only have a cone shaped cover which I believe is the dust cap (branded fsa) which would sit on top of the bearings, and then I have the top cap and some spacers. I'm sure there should be some kind of compression ring in there too.
So I believe I am missing at least the top bearings and a compression ring?
Does anybody know what model of fsa headset is used in the 2011 boardman ht as i've looed on the fsa website and a few look very similar, and the boardman website simply describes it as "fsa intergrated" which doesnt help at all.

Hope somebody can help, I've contacted the seller and they say they believed the headset was complete when they sent it....
any help is better than no help at all!

Comments

• hi there. i work in a bikehut store i may be able to help you. from the picture it looks like you are missing the plastic spacer/spreader/shim what ever it is called :P. i would go back to your nearest store and they can get one ordered for you it, i tried to look on windwave for the part number to make it easier, but im on my home pc not at work cant find it :( however it is very unusual to have it sent to you like that since they come pre-fitted in the factory. hope this helps
    i once man handled a flame thrower
  • this is the headset i think so they can give windwave a call and find all its spares cant see it costing more that a few quid http://www.windwave.co.uk/windwave/121-0488.html
  • hi. thanks for the reply. That does look like mine and from the description, sounds like it too. I'm pretty sure it is missing the top bearings and the spacer/shim. I've been trying to search on google for an image of the exact product in a kind of exploded diagram so I can see all the parts but no joy.
    any help is better than no help at all!
  • on windwaves trade website you can see all spares for it if its the top bearings they can be 8.99 for the blue sealed one and i think its 11.99 for the blacksealed one you need to get the right ones due to the angle they sit windwave are really helpful and will prob find you the part number for each of them.