viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12806800&start=280#p17389057
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Deffo worthy of its own thread..
    cartoon.jpg
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    a guy cycling up a hill is all it is. Maybe when you're 16 it would seem cool though.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Dave_1 wrote:
    a guy cycling up a hill is all it is. Maybe when you're 16 it would seem cool though.

Wow your not a miserable C*nt are you? Why bother replying to a thread if you don't have anything decent to say? :roll:
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Decent enough watch and does what it's supposed to ... Highlight he virtual partner training tool on the Garmin ...

I really liked the way the data was presented ... Something like that for a mountain stage highlights video would be fantastic ... Maybe if Sky had paired with Garmin ...
  • Doobz
    Decent enough watch and does what it's supposed to ... Highlight he virtual partner training tool on the Garmin ...

I really liked the way the data was presented ... Something like that for a mountain stage highlights video would be fantastic ... Maybe if Sky had paired with Garmin ...

SRM units seem to be more capable of transmitting data so maybe someone will team up with them instead.
    cartoon.jpg
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Dave_1 wrote:

Wow your not a miserable C*nt are you? Why bother replying to a thread if you don't have anything decent to say? :roll:

Ignore the miserable folk - nice video that kinda gets you in the mood for a ride this time of year. Thanks for posting it.
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    I can't believe the speed he's going around those frosty hairpins (1'36") :shock: I'd be more interested in the tyres than the Garmin :D .
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.
  • Crankbrother
    Doobz wrote:

SRM units seem to be more capable of transmitting data so maybe someone will team up with them instead.

I was more thinking of Sky's ability to make it into a TV programme ... The current format of 'here's some riders cycling along a road' works finefor what we get but for a broadcaster like Sky to add anything it would need to be a bit more F1 with data etc ... If Sky were to do something like that they could pay a nominal amount and show the coverage from their teams perspective with the odd bit of overall picture thrown in ... Lookhow much better that video was than anything ITV have done ... A proper broadcaster, with a proper team, with proper insight into a race ...
  • Doobz
    Doobz wrote:

I was more thinking of Sky's ability to make it into a TV programme ... The current format of 'here's some riders cycling along a road' works finefor what we get but for a broadcaster like Sky to add anything it would need to be a bit more F1 with data etc ... If Sky were to do something like that they could pay a nominal amount and show the coverage from their teams perspective with the odd bit of overall picture thrown in ... Lookhow much better that video was than anything ITV have done ... A proper broadcaster, with a proper team, with proper insight into a race ...

Its very possible and easily doable. Just one thing to bear in mind is that if it were sky who were to do it then my guess it would only be available on Sky Sports and that's not what we want.

SRM have been doing the Live Data for riders now for a few years. Sure its only available online but still better then nowt. In the TOC or some other Yank race last year they had those Indy Car type Tracker things pointing out riders.
    cartoon.jpg
  • Crankbrother
    Why don't we want it on Sky Sports? You want better insight into the sport but not pay for it?

I bet you're in the trade union as well ...
  • Doobz
    Why don't we want it on Sky Sports? You want better insight into the sport but not pay for it?

I bet you're in the trade union as well ...

Why would I pay for something that I already get for free?

No not in a trade union. They don't have them when you ride your bike for a living...
    cartoon.jpg