NYC silly commuters

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
Not quite the same as our beloved thread but seriously cyclist of NYC you need to buy some fecking lights and STOP with the RLJ :twisted:

I happy to report in the 2 years since I was last here there defo an MASSHOOF increase in cyclists in the city, much like London really, there also seems to be a glut of BSO chain to every available space around broadway/time square - which is all good.

I even saw a fully lycra clad chap track standing by the Rockefeller centre two nights ago which was good going as it was close to zero temp.

PS. I used to ride bikes to work, right now i'm staying a nice hotel in the next building to my office so a < 2 mins walk door to door.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Should you not be getting hold of a BSO for laps of Central Park? :)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    How's the Cervelo shopping going old man?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Lots of beers, burgers and steaks I trust :wink:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    What happened to that really dodgy looking NYC courier movie. Wasn't it meant to be out by now?
    exercise.png
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I have two spare days left in NY so i'll do some shopping tomorrow I think, might even pop by the apple store seeing as I have a 20% discount through work 8)

I'm taking the amtrak to Baltimore tomorrow then on to Washington and finally home so whatever I get it's going to need to be portable .... like a mac book air :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.