Cyclists in Yeovil?

nighthunte29
nighthunte29 Posts: 6
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Didn't really know where this thread belonged, I hope I got it right :?

Mainly made this thread in hope that this poor chappy I encountered earlier was on the forums.
I was cycling down a hill (Bunford hill for the local's) and clocked 38 mph, it was the fastest i'd been down that specific hill, I was on the cycling path and this bloke couldn't clip out fast enough going up the hill then fell down in front of me. My first reaction was to stop and see if he was ok, and coincidentally, it was my first time cycling clipless! But then I realised I was not able to stop in time, I had to quickly dodge the guys bike, which sent me plummeting into a hedge, and before I knew it (I dont even know what happened as I cant fully remember) I was on the ground, with my poor old bike almost in the road. :cry:
Now I was incredibly lucky, because its sod's law that the one day I forget my helmet, I crash and hit my head, just goes to show how important they actually are to all you non-wearers!
But anyway, if you are the guy that fell off in front of me, I just want you to know that I am incredibly sorry, you apoligised countless times but you didn't do anything wrong! It was pure accident on your behalf! I would have said sorry when it happened, but I was quite shocked and spaced out by the whole incident, I didn't really know what to say! And just to let you know, I am perfectly fine, which is incredibly surprising as I believe I slowed to 36 mph before I fell, my only injury is road rash on my hip and slightly lower down.

And to the people who this thread doesn't apply to, let it be a lesson to always wear a helmet, whether travelling 1 mile or 100 miles, it's just as important.

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Didn't really know where this thread belonged, I hope I got it right :?

Mainly made this thread in hope that this poor chappy I encountered earlier was on the forums.
    I was cycling down a hill (Bunford hill for the local's) and clocked 38 mph, it was the fastest i'd been down that specific hill, I was on the cycling path and this bloke couldn't clip out fast enough going up the hill then fell down in front of me. My first reaction was to stop and see if he was ok, and coincidentally, it was my first time cycling clipless! But then I realised I was not able to stop in time, I had to quickly dodge the guys bike, which sent me plummeting into a hedge, and before I knew it (I dont even know what happened as I cant fully remember) I was on the ground, with my poor old bike almost in the road. :cry:
    Now I was incredibly lucky, because its sod's law that the one day I forget my helmet, I crash and hit my head, just goes to show how important they actually are to all you non-wearers!But anyway, if you are the guy that fell off in front of me, I just want you to know that I am incredibly sorry, you apoligised countless times but you didn't do anything wrong! It was pure accident on your behalf! I would have said sorry when it happened, but I was quite shocked and spaced out by the whole incident, I didn't really know what to say! And just to let you know, I am perfectly fine, which is incredibly surprising as I believe I slowed to 36 mph before I fell, my only injury is road rash on my hip and slightly lower down.

And to the people who this thread doesn't apply to, let it be a lesson to always wear a helmet, whether travelling 1 mile or 100 miles, it's just as important.

I'll get the popcorn... :lol:

On a serious note, sorry to hear about the accident, i hope both parties recover qucikly!
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Move along here,nothing to see.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • I'll get the popcorn... :lol:

On a serious note, sorry to hear about the accident, i hope both parties recover qucikly!

Yeah right, it's like smoking, people don't see the the dangers until it's too late!

Thanks for your concern, i'm perfectly fine luckily, I just hope my friend is!
  • taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    if you're going to go that fast down there why wern't you on the road?

that path is not wide enough for that sort of speed :roll:
  • taff.. wrote:
    if you're going to go that fast down there why wern't you on the road?

that path is not wide enough for that sort of speed :roll:
    'Cause i'm a nob, I would usually use the road at that speed don't get me wrong.
    There are 3 lessons to be learned in this story, wear a helmet, commonsense/basic skills, and 25mph speed limit on a cycle path.