Garmin 800 Cadence Problem

Ilovebighills
Ilovebighills Posts: 30
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
Hi I recently got a Garmin 800 and love it, apart from the fact I can't seem to get it to recognise the GSC10 for the purposes of Cadence, I assume it's set up correctly (e.g line on the magnet on the crank meets the line on the unit when they pass)
My HRM is recognised no problem, and I think the GSC10 is fine because the speed sensor works fine. So please, tell me in easy steps (i'm clearly missing something really obvious) how to get my Cadence sensor working?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• golfergmc
    golfergmc Posts: 426
    Do you have the magnet and sensor close enough to each other.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • As far as i know, maybe i'll get some new zip ties at weekend and have a fiddle....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    I got one for Xmas too ;) I had to shift it about a little ("rotating" it about the chainstay) until it worked. The reset button lights up red for cadence and green for the wheel so that's a good guide if you have a workstand
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Try getting your head unit to re-scan for your cadence sensor in the accessories section. Assuming you're riding outside, the speed will be displayed based on GPS. Also, if you're using the 800 on two different bikes you may need to select the correct bike profile.
    I think im right in saying when the magnet and sensor are correctly aligned a small light should come on each time the crank passes, rotate the pedals slowly by hand and watch for a light.
  • I'm sure you have, but have you told the 800 you have a cadence sensor? Or have you done a reset since last telling it?

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    There is an option on the 800 for different sensors, have you got yours set for Cadence/Speed sensor and not just speed?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I reckon it will be, as mentioned above, the bike profile wont have have the option for cadence sensor ticked. I speak from experience and plenty of head scratching - so is worth posting again :D