what do you carry your cake money in

Team4Luke
Team4Luke Posts: 597
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
what kind/make of wallet do you all carry, my current one is a straightforward wallet and velcro closure, but and I'm not sure what it is made of, I find over time the hard corners damage my jersey, I know there plastic ones and I don't want one of those.
So, what do you use.
Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The form of a twenty pound note.

Any change then goes in a polythene money bag, the type you get from the bank. When I next go out, all change etc is replaced with a new twenty pound note.

This goes in my saddle bag, but it's also got no corners / velcro to snag your jersey.

easy 8)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Everything (cards, cash, phone, cafe lock, replacement liner gloves goes in a Ziplock medium heavy weight bag, lasts ages which goes in the jersey pocket. I think it's rude to just take a note to all the tea stops so generally try to have change.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,147
    zippy leather man purse that the gf got me as a present

holds cards, cash, keys, id, doesn't snag, fine in a jersey pocket
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Everything goes in my jersey pockets. Phone in one, money in another and mini pump in the centre third one. Never take more cash than I'd need at a cake stop.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Phone, notes & ID in a ziplok.

Sorted.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Saddle Bag

(but then along with the usual crap i have to carry all my Type 1 diabetic kit)
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    A waterproof first aid case-£1 from Poundshop,or the 99p (why pay a pound) shop-ditch the contents and bobs your uncle for phone,card,change,tissues,vaseline tin.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Cycle Surgery sell zipped closure type holders, come in two sizes. Big one i put my bank cards, £20 note, donor card, driving license, warrant card. Small one is perect size to keep my smart phone in. Both fit perfectly in jersey pockets & don't have any sweat or condensation type issues. Strong, light & translucent. It's a winner!
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    My BB bold has its own sleeve, a £20 gets put in the sleeve with the phone... Phone goes in pocket.

Sorted.
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    I use a old Nuun tablet tube perfect size, solid and easy to get out of jersey pockets. Pound coins fit a treat!!!.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    edited January 2012
    I carry all my stuff in a Farm Foods carrier bag that I dangle from my handlebars.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    nevman wrote:
    A waterproof first aid case-£1 from Poundshop,or the 99p (why pay a pound) shop-ditch the contents and bobs your uncle for phone,card,change,tissues,vaseline tin.
    Tissues & Vaseline?
    Just what do you get up to on your cafe run?
    Forget that. I don't want to know. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • LeicesterLad
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I carry all my stuff in a Farm Foods carrier bag that I dangle from my handlebars.

Bit upmarket isn't it Nap? I spose i need to upgrade from my Lidl bag.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I tape mine behind my scrotum on that weird bit of your body between your scrote and your bottom known as the Blair: that way only I know where it is and if I get knocked off I know that no one will steal my money. I can also deny having any money on me if I get held up at gun point.

HTH

Y
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Yossie wrote:
    I tape mine behind my scrotum on that weird bit of your body between your scrote and your bottom known as the Blair: that way only I know where it is and if I get knocked off I know that no one will steal my money. I can also deny having any money on me if I get held up at gun point.

HTH

Y

Or 'Biffins Bridge'
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... s%20bridge

The older I get, the better I was.

• LeicesterLad
    Yossie wrote:

HTH

Y

Its known as a 'bifkin' round these parts, and mine is currently very sore from my new Charge Spoon, bit of Calamine and Glycerin cream doing wonders though. Just incase you all wanted to know those personal intimate details regarding my nether regions. :lol:
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Known as your 'taint round these parts, 'taint yer arse and 'taint yer balls, so its yer 'taint.
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Back on track... I use sunglasses bag (Oakley) if it's dry, small plastic zip-loc bag if it's raining.

Fits one credit card, couple of notes + change.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    On a serious note, I use empty zipvit ziplock bags for phone, cards, money, key.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Yossie
    On a serious note, I actually really do tape mine behind my scrotum.

Nap: You're an officer of the Law: is there an offence that I can busted for - I agree that I can't just thwack out Little Yossie at anytime and extract my wedge from my Blair, but if I do that in private and then hand it over to the lass (trhe wedge that is, not Little Yossie) behind the counter, can I get busted by the Babylon for getting legal tender all minging?
  • Yossie wrote:

Nap: You're an officer of the Law: is there an offence that I can busted for - I agree that I can't just thwack out Little Yossie at anytime and extract my wedge from my Blair, but if I do that in private and then hand it over to the lass (trhe wedge that is, not Little Yossie) behind the counter, can I get busted by the Babylon for getting legal tender all minging?

Probably not, but im sure having the queen's face nestled between balls and crack must be treason....surely?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Yossie wrote:

Nap: You're an officer of the Law: is there an offence that I can busted for
    Lying?
  • Yossie
    bompington wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Nap: You're an officer of the Law: is there an offence that I can busted for
    Lying?

No, really, he is. We all know he is. It's a well known, proven and documented fact. So there.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I use my Rapha man-purse :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I used to use a ziploc bag (what we geologists call sample bag and dope smokers would call a baggie) but that did nt stand up to a walk in severe, even by Welsh standards, rain and wind necessitating a phone repair.

I used to carry my phone, ID card (Compulsery in NL, but also quite useful should the worst happen) and a 5 Eu note for the cafe stop in there but I'm now thinking of doing it properly and getting one of these bad boys - http://store.aquapac.net/explore-produc ... 4-044.html

Whole lot then goes in my Jersey Pocket, keys can get wet so I don't bother with them in a bag...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Yossie
    Ok, on a serious note (as if you can take this thread seriously).

Get plastic bag from supermarket. Stick money and credit card in it. Scrumple into a ball. Stick it all in back pocket. The fact that the bag wraps the wedge/credit card about 20 twenty time means that wedge stays dry.

As discussed on spinal injuries thread, Neurofen carry pack carries everthing else and has been completely waterproof in 5 years of using.

Chrissie Wellington swears by sandwich bags for i-Pod, by the way.
  • One of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Trav ... 966&sr=8-6

Been using it for years, faultless.
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Poundshops do a little digital camera case made from neoprene with a zip - holds money, mobile, ID, sticky patches etc. Or you could be a complete ponce and pay £40 for one of those Rapha pouches...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Monty Dog wrote:
    Poundshops do a little digital camera case made from neoprene with a zip - holds money, mobile, ID, sticky patches etc. Or you could be a complete ponce and pay £40 for one of those Rapha pouches...

Or you could be a complete ponce and get one free [cough]
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    k,NjkzMzI1MDEsNDcyNTIwOTk=,f,2-security-van.jpg I use one of these...