Newport Velodrome - Winter Training Sessions 2012/13

AlanW
AlanW Posts: 291
edited January 2012 in Track
Advance notice I know, but following on from the success of the current winter series at Newport, I have booked the following dates for the second series. Here are the dates for your diaries:-

Time (s): 6pm – 9pm (all dates)

Saturday 6th October 2012

Saturday 3rd November 2012

Saturday 1st December 2012

Saturday 5th January 2013

Saturday 2nd February 2013

Saturday 2nd March 2013

The costs will be confirmed nearer the time, but I hoping to get them reduced from the last series, but this is subject to approval by my club committee.

All riders are most welcome to attend and all abilities will be catered for from complete beginner's to the more experienced riders. Also and as with this current series, the last session of the series will be a accreditation session at no extra cost.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Comments

• AlanW
    Stanley222 wrote:
    Hi
    As a complete noob to track riding I fancy a go at a beginners session - just how 'taxing' are they? I want to make sure I am not knackered after all the christmas excess!!! :wink:

In truth, they are as hard or as easy as you what ever you want to make them. You are not pushed to do anything out of your depth, encouraged yes, pushed certainly not. The sessions are supposed to be more basis more towards skills training, but they do occasionally tend to get a bit, shall we say, excitable! :lol:
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Alan, I am tempted by these next winter - a Saturday evening suits me well as I'm only a few miles from the track. Glad to hear they went well for you in the end, decent sessions that beginners can attend are one thing the velodrome is lacking in my opinion (once you have completed the 4 week beginners and improvers courses).
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Yes I think I'll be up for this - I did see about doing a beginners program but the times didn't suit. As such I'm a total track racing newb. Just need a track bike and an aero helmet then ;-)
  • AlanW
    Pross wrote:
    Alan, I am tempted by these next winter - a Saturday evening suits me well as I'm only a few miles from the track. Glad to hear they went well for you in the end, decent sessions that beginners can attend are one thing the velodrome is lacking in my opinion (once you have completed the 4 week beginners and improvers courses).

Indeed, alls well thats end well and it has been a great success. So thanks to all that supported it

craker wrote:
    Yes I think I'll be up for this - I did see about doing a beginners program but the times didn't suit. As such I'm a total track racing newb. Just need a track bike and an aero helmet then ;-)

Dont rush out and buy a track bike, hire one for the first few sessions and see how you feel afterwards. But keep an eye on here a bit nearer the time and then get your name down.
  • Hi,
    I would be interested in some of the dates, have to check as sat eve isnt going to be popular with the wife!!
    is Steve coaching the sessions?

regards,

pablo
  • AlanW
    Hi,
    I would be interested in some of the dates, have to check as sat eve isnt going to be popular with the wife!!
    is Steve coaching the sessions?

regards,

pablo

Put your foot down man, and just go............... :wink:

As for the coach, not sure yet, but I suspect that it will be either Chris Davies or Mike Pollock, as these would be my first choices