Universal truth of cycling

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
There's a chuckle or two in this for everyone......

http://18milesperhour.tumblr.com/univer ... sofcycling

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    very good, identified with many of these!!!

also gave me a great new euphemism:
    "flying your daily sortie over Porcelonia"
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Haha, brilliant. Especially point one... I reckon if I was actually any good at track standing, the lights wouldn't ever change...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    #22 >> Me.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    #15 >> me.

Everytime I want to overtake a wobbly tourist on a Boris Bike or someone in hi-vis doing 10mph "trying to burn off the Christmas indulgence", a car appears on my offside. If it's Regent's Park, then the driver is almost always a "key worker" in a slow moving Audi barge.

Or someone on a Specialized [...] overlapping my rear wheel...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Lovely illustrations too.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Lovely illustrations too.

This, classy little blog that was!
  • Had a quick flick through this - great stuff! All true and couldn't help but smile.
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Really enjoyed that blog. The one about getting songs on loop in your head happens to me all the time, i think they are known as 'ear worms'. What bugs me is it is always crap music, maybe something you heard on the radio before you went out, something awful like abba or beyonce...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    welkman wrote:
    Really enjoyed that blog. The one about getting songs on loop in your head happens to me all the time, i think they are known as 'ear worms'. What bugs me is it is always crap music, maybe something you heard on the radio before you went out, something awful like abba or beyonce...

When I was younger, ( i still occasionally do..) I would refuse to leave the house if I'd just heard an awful record. I'd put on the tune I wanted in my head for the rest of the morning and then head out.
  • Loved that. All true and nicely done
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,116
    Rather liked that - he even covered mountan bikers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    quality, a good find
    FCN = 4
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Lovely illustrations too.

This, classy little blog that was!

+1
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    welkman wrote:

When I was younger, ( i still occasionally do..) I would refuse to leave the house if I'd just heard an awful record. I'd put on the tune I wanted in my head for the rest of the morning and then head out.
    Good plan. Weirdly I had 'only girl in the world' stuck in my head for days :oops:
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Really liked that. As others have said great drawings!

can really relate to Number 21 & 22 :lol:
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I knew I shouldn't have smiled as I read this yesterday, before I set off for home.

I got half way home and had a explosive visit from the PF.

6689207147_f1d7c7ea4e.jpg

That's a Marathon+ as well. I've no idea what I ran over but it pretty much chopped the tyre in half.