To upgrade or buy different?

mfereborn
mfereborn Posts: 480
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Hi guys, im wondering if i can get some opinions here.

I'm a keen cyclist and aspiring cycle leader under the British Cycling awards which means i do a lot of trail cycling with groups, however as im a student also this means i can only justify one bike for group work and personal cycling.

I ride a trek fuel ex aluminium which i have built from the frame up, running standard suspension (fox rl120 and rp2 shock) the thing is, im scared to use this for anything agressive and jumpy/droppy for obvious reasons. Now i can control myself in this sense but ideally i think a remedy would be the way forward (i couldnt have a bike without ABP now having used it so much!) but unless one comes up cheap (or i get some money) i couldnt afford to buy it or be without my bike to fund it.

I was wondering whether you guys would recommend then, upgrading my current spec to a higher one (im running mostly XT from 2008ish at 28lbs) or whether i should go for the remedy?

Heres the question though, should i go for the aluminium remedy or the carbon if i get the money? because having never ridden carbon im quite scared that if i buy second hand and damage it i wont have a leg to stand on - are they that much more fragile that alu?

Cheers guys!
The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P

Comments