My Cube LTD Team. NEW PEDALS ADDED

mar_k
mar_k Posts: 323
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I have been out on it for a short ride and it feels great, I probably would of been better off with a smaller frame
as I feel a little stretched out but hey, I guess thats the price you pay for buying online.
No try before you buy. Anyhow its still great and I am sure I'll get used to the riding position in time.
I havent rode a MTB for atleast 13 years, been used to my Bianchi Road bike.

thought I would share a few pics

DSC06295.jpg
DSC06294.jpg

Comments

• Since it hasn't even been ridden yet, normally you can return them for a different size, even online. Enjoy either way though, cube bikes are awesome.
  • mar_k
    Since it hasn't even been ridden yet, normally you can return them for a different size, even online. Enjoy either way though, cube bikes are awesome.

It has been used mate. I took it out across the grass and round the block for a trial.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Cube stems are too long, and your saddle can adjust forward 1-2cm. Both of these done you'll be 4cm-5shorter reach wise. Cubes size up a little small to start IMO. A 16 might have been good, but I think these small changes will sort you. I liked it so much I bought one too in the end!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    mar_k wrote:
    Since it hasn't even been ridden yet, normally you can return them for a different size, even online. Enjoy either way though, cube bikes are awesome.

It has been used mate. I took it out across the grass and round the block for a trial.

And if it's all nice and clean how are they to know? :roll: :wink:
  • mar_k
    benpinnick wrote:
    Cube stems are too long, and your saddle can adjust forward 1-2cm. Both of these done you'll be 4cm-5shorter reach wise. Cubes size up a little small to start IMO. A 16 might have been good, but I think these small changes will sort you. I liked it so much I bought one too in the end!

you serious? you really bought one, lol

what colour did you get?

I am going to change the stem, wouldnt mind some better pedals and some better tyres,
    Gosh, I have only been out for 10mins and I want to change things.

going to take it to work tomorro which is only a 5 mile cycle but it will give me an idea of how the bike feels
  • benpinnick
    Yeah, seriously, exactly the same as yours. I only really bought it for the frame (and maybe the forks), so I will strip the rest and sell the parts, easy get 1/2 of the cost back (or 4/5 ths if I sell the forks)... cheapest way to buy a great frame and forks by far!

Changing stuff is par for the course.... what tyres and pedals?
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • mar_k
    not sure, some one recomended Nobby nics and dmr v12's,
    Im new to MTB so I am not clued up componant wise.
    I just now that these pedals dont grip and the tyres are not really suitable.

They will be fine for me to commute though
  • benpinnick
    v12s are cool, but theres better options I reckon. Look for Wellgo Mags or maybe the Superstar flats. DMR are just too expensive nowadays (by comparison). Good though. As for tyres, not a big fan of the NNs myself. Got a nearly new (2 rides) set if you want them ;)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • mar_k
    benpinnick wrote:
    v12s are cool, but theres better options I reckon. Look for Wellgo Mags or maybe the Superstar flats. DMR are just too expensive nowadays (by comparison). Good though. As for tyres, not a big fan of the NNs myself. Got a nearly new (2 rides) set if you want them ;)

yeah possibly,

PM me price for them posted to Islington N5
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Beautiful, love the colour scheme, dont think I'd change anything on it, maybe some blue anodised nuts n bolts and that would be it 8)
  • mar_k
    CubeCrazy wrote:
    Beautiful, love the colour scheme, dont think I'd change anything on it, maybe some blue anodised nuts n bolts and that would be it 8)

thanks.

Is there a guide to setting up the forks anywhere on here?
    Mine feel alittle bit soft at present,
  • Out of interest what size bike did you go for and how tall are you? I am looking at a cube and think i will go 16" i am 5ft 10 and think the 18" might be slightly to big.
  • mar_k
    Out of interest what size bike did you go for and how tall are you? I am looking at a cube and think i will go 16" i am 5ft 10 and think the 18" might be slightly to big.

I am 5ft 10" and I got the 18in
  • You think the 16 may have been better then?
  • I had a 2010 Cube Ltd Pro, and I would say get the 18 inch for both of you, with shorter stem and saddle moved forward as ben recommended. I had the 16 inch, and it just felt too small. Was nice having the extra wiggle room for really technical trails, but at 5 foot 9.5 inches it was just too small for the type of bike it was.
  • benpinnick
    If you're not in a hurry I will have on to compare on Monday too.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Sodfoster
    Sodfoster Posts: 412
    I had a 2010 Cube Ltd Pro, and I would say get the 18 inch for both of you, with shorter stem and saddle moved forward as ben recommended. I had the 16 inch, and it just felt too small. Was nice having the extra wiggle room for really technical trails, but at 5 foot 9.5 inches it was just too small for the type of bike it was.

Absolutely spot on advice, I had the 2010 acid am 5'10" I thought I felt stretched at first. Its the 110mm stem I changed it to an 80mm and it felt perfect absolutely lovely bike, well worth the up grades. A 16" would be far to small. I would def upgrade the pedals those alu cheap ones are provided for show.

Lovely colour :mrgreen:
    Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........
  • mar_k
    Well I cycled to work today and really enjoyed the 10mile round trip on it.
    It didnt feel so bad today, infact I had to move the seat back alittle.

I will deffinately buy a shorter stem though as I feel that will make the bike perfect.
    I must say that the bike is very nice to ride up hill, it actualy felt easier and smoother than my Bianchi road bike which I sold on last year.

I am really inpressed. I have the day off work tomorro so I have decided to take a cycle to hampstead heath after I have dropped the kids at school.
  • mar_k
    benpinnick wrote:
    If you're not in a hurry I will have on to compare on Monday too.

Ben did your cube turn up today?

mine feels great now, been to work on it everyday since it arrived.
    I havent driven my car in ages.
  • benpinnick
    Yeah, it's still in the box though. No time to get it out. Also got a pair of Hans dampf tyres today too.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • mar_k
    you still going to break the bike up and sell it?
  • benpinnick
    Yes, keeping the frame (and maybe forks), but I will sell the rest.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • mar_k
    How much would you let the wheels go for?
  • benpinnick
    £110 I guess seems reasonable to me...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • mar_k
    benpinnick wrote:
    £110 I guess seems reasonable to me...

Ok Ill bear that in mind. will need to see how much i got spare on pay day.
  • mar_k
    The Wellgo Mags arrived today so they have been fitted.
    They are noticeably lighter than the oe pedals

DSC06321.jpg
    DSC06320.jpg
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    Did you get that stem change yet?
    I've ride the ltd race (sig sig below) I'm 5ft 10 and the 18"frame is perfect for me with a 90mm stem.
    Enjoy and welcome to cube owners
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • mar_k
    I havent changed it yet, To be honest now I have used it a few times it feels fine.
    I want to try it off road and see how it feels, Its something I will more than likely swap but not in a hurry just yet
  • mar_k
    been for a bit of a ride today,
    I am amazed at how much better these pedals are over the oe ones that came with the bike.

So much grip! Top 1st upgrade on the bike without a doubt
  • benpinnick
    Those pedals were only there so that they could say it had some. Some bikes don't have them at all when new. I stuck them straight in the bin when my LTD arrived.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.