Lapierre zesty bearing sizes

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello.
Does any one happen to have the bearing sizes for a zesty 514.

I need to replace them but was hoping i could save taking it apart to find out what they are.
I intend to buy the bearings separately as its much cheaper than the 6 bearings for £30 kits.

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    They will say on them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • lugsey2k5
    Yer i know i was hoping not to have to take it apart find out what they are then rebuild it so i have a bike for the weekend. Being lazy really.
  • lugsey2k5
    I think iv found out what they are.

4 x 6802-2RS (upper pivots) and 2 x 6902-2RS (pivots above the BB) assuming there then same as the 2008 model.

Next question is can any one recommend where to get bearings from. There are lots going cheap on ebay but the main ones ill be replacing are at the bottom bracket so will need to be reasonably shielded.

Any suggestions on where or what to get?

Thanks
  • rhialto
    rhialto Posts: 277
    I have not ordered from them but they stock frame bearing kits for many bikes and you can choose from cheap or better quality.
    http://mbbearings.co.uk
  • lugsey2k5
    Thanks. Iv ordered cheap ones of ebay and depending on how easy they are to change will determine if i continue to buy cheap ones in the future and change regularly or but a decent set and do it ever year or so.

The reason im doing it is the bottom bearing just above the BB on my zest had seized and this meant in stead of rotating the bush was starting to wear against the frame and has removed half a mm of metal alarmingly. So going to have to check it regularly.

Thanks for the suggestion.