Which Oakley lenses for rainy manchester?

richrich
richrich Posts: 8
edited January 2012 in Commuting general
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the Oakley Split Jacket http://uk.oakley.com/splitjacket sunglasses, and maybe the wind jacket accessory later on. There seems to be a bewildering choice of lenses. Which lens is best for daytime cycling around Manchester (typical uk weather, rainy/cloudy most of the time for those who don't know!)? My current sunglasses have 20% transmission and that's too dark.

I've heard various things about G30(30%), G40(40%), Light Grey(39%) and Light Grey Polarised(25%) lenses. Does anyone have an experience with these?

Can someone looking at you see your eyes through these lenses, as I'd prefer to avoid that "look"?!

cheers

rich

Comments

• jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    just started useing Transitions on my comutting and ok in the dark as well supprisingly.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    I've got the Oakley Straight Jacket Polarised Bronze Lens and they are good.
  • has anyone used the G30 lenses, they seem to get mentioned a lot? do they have an iridium coating on the outside?
  • jthef wrote:
    just started useing Transitions on my comutting and ok in the dark as well supprisingly.

i'm planning to use them for my everyday(and night) commute; i was wary of the 83% light transmission. Thanks for your advice.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yellow lenses unless its sunny.
  • jthef
    I have another pair with clear lenses but in spring and summer they are a pain as do you need clear, light shade or full on depending what the sun is like and what height?
    I'm hoping the transitions will cope.
  • jthef
    I must also say on Fridays commute I struggled seeing pot holes and I did hit 2 so may be the transitions are a bit dark?
    But the road was very wet and it was very dark and raining. so using my clear lenses again for now until we start to get the sunrise/set in the commuting time.