Price of club kit

hammerite
hammerite Posts: 3,408
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
We were having a conversation about whether our club kit is expensive or not, we felt it probably was. Can you tell me how much your club kit costs by item (don't need the whole price list!)?

Jersey (ss)
Bib shorts
Gilet
Light windproof/showerproof jacket

Thanks all.

Comments

• aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    Jersey SS £30, LS £40
    Bib Shorts ~£50
    Gilet £54 (This one is more expensive than last year)
    Rain Jacket £45.

I normally just purchase the club jersey and wear my own shorts and gilet.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    ss jersey £42 bib shorts £50 gilet £44 rain jacket - don't offer one - that's Giordana.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Jersey (ss): £45
    Bib shorts: £55
    Gilet: £45
    Light windproof/showerproof jacket: £95
  • hammerite
    Thanks all so far. Any more?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    Our club kit at subsidised members prices is:-

Short sleeve jersey £29.50
    Long sleeve jersey £37.50
    Sleeveless windstopper gilet £37.50
    Bibshorts £39.50
    Short sleeve skinsuit £75

Before subsidy the prices are

Short sleeve jersey £39.50
    Long sleeve jersey £49.50
    Sleeveless windstopper gilet £49.50
    Bibshorts £49.50
    Short sleeve skinsuit £85

Kids stuff about £10 cheaper. The kit is Giordana stuff so good quality but we have minimum order quantities. We are also now getting Endura kit which doesn't have minimum orders.
  • Tom Butcher
    That's interesting Pross - how does that work then with two suppliers - are they different designs ? Also your Giordana seems cheaper than our Giordana - even before the subsidy - are those up to date prices or should we be haggling a bit harder.

• Whatever the price, I'd tend to avoid Impsport. We're most unimpressed with their quality, delivery time & customer service!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • So just as a reference point how much is your kit hammerite?

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • hammerite
    Thanks all.

Well it seems on a par with most, so we must be tight wads :lol: . I didn't want to put the price of our kit in my opening post so I could avoid replys of "that's not too bad", "wow what a rip off" etc... and could get a view of the actual costs to compare.

Jersey - £36.50 (ss/short zip)
    Bibs - £55.50
    Gilet - £40.50 (not windstopper though)
    Windproof type gilet - £50
    Rain jacket - £74.50

Our kit is subsidised by the club very slightly (we don't have sponsors).

Out of interest, how much would your club's winter jacket be? Ours is £108.50.
  • Pross
    That's interesting Pross - how does that work then with two suppliers - are they different designs ? Also your Giordana seems cheaper than our Giordana - even before the subsidy - are those up to date prices or should we be haggling a bit harder.

Tom, I believe the design is the same but haven't seen the Endura stuff yet (I think the first items they sent through had a slight problem with the size of one of the sponsor's logos which was being sorted out). We have only just started with them. The prices I put up are off the club website and I think were 2011 prices but can't vouch that they are 100% correct (I can check with the person who places our orders if you'd like?).
  • Tom Butcher
    No it's OK Pross - I'm not the kit secretary (he does post on here though) - I just remember him saying the kit had gone up in recent years so from being cheaper than most we weren't sure if it was maybe getting top side of average.

• Pross
    hammerite wrote:
    Out of interest, how much would your club's winter jacket be? Ours is £108.50.

I don't know our current cost but when we first ordered them at the end of 2009 our full thermal jackets cost the club £78 and they are seriously warm (I haven't used it this winter yet and usually only ride with a t shirt under it).
  • Here's what we've been quoted by a new supplier.
    Short Sleeve Jersey Short Zip £42
    Short Sleeve Jersey Long Zip £43.20
    Short Sleeve Jersey 3/4 Zip £45.60
    Long Sleeve Jersey (Choice of zips as above) £48
    Roubaix Thermal Jacket £54
    Windtex Jackets Standard £58.80 / Pro £66
    Bib Shorts £48
    Pro Bib Shorts £66
    Shorts w/o bibs £43.20
    10% discount for large orders (Can't remember what "large" is!)
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Pross wrote:
    Tom, I believe the design is the same but haven't seen the Endura stuff yet (I think the first items they sent through had a slight problem with the size of one of the sponsor's logos which was being sorted out). We have only just started with them.

good luck getting your kit from Endura. Presumably this is for the 2013 season...?
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    £84 for bibshorts and ss jersey (can't remember the breakdown though) so similar to others here. Kit supplier is Velo+ I think. In the past our club have used TAL and impsport, but had issues with the length of time kit takes from ordering and order quantities (we're a small club). Kids kit is almost the same price as adults, so the club discounts for our go-ride section.
  • wakou
    wakou Posts: 165
    Here is the pricelist for my local gang of mamil's

http://chelmercc.org.uk/kit.htm
    "I had righteous got my wheel backmost from a fettlin' at the LBS and was hunt transport to equitation it. As it was Refrigerated in the AM......"
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Jersey (ss)=42.60
    Bib shorts=51.00
    Gilet=45.60
    Light windproof/showerproof jacket = N/a

I bought a SSjersey ay new order discount ( £20 ) and that will be it , thankfully our club has a fairly relaxed clothing code so as long as it works and i am comfortable i am happy.Many of use wear the lidl/aldi gloves, windproofs etc and no one bats an eyelid .
    I am currently using my lidl MTB spd shoes as they are warmer than my summer shoes :D along with decathlon bib shorts and a 2nd hand ebay jersey made by gore that i like because it has a zipped pocket.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Pross
    Pseudonym wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Tom, I believe the design is the same but haven't seen the Endura stuff yet (I think the first items they sent through had a slight problem with the size of one of the sponsor's logos which was being sorted out). We have only just started with them.

good luck getting your kit from Endura. Presumably this is for the 2013 season...?

I think our first order came through quickly, we've had very long waits on Giordana stuff in the past. Maybe having the Endura team DS in the club helps lol
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Ours is Bio racer gear

top quality gear imo
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Ours has gone up a bit but still very reasonable

Jersey (ss) £17.85
    Bib shorts £21.52
    Gilet £30
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    kev77 wrote:
    Ours is Bio racer gear

top quality gear imo

see here - http://www.swift-leiden.nl/over-swift/c ... u-134.html

It's getting cheaper by the day for you in GB at the mo :(. BioRacer gear as well, but I don't think it's that good tbh. The chammy in the shorts is is pretty thin for me, but then maybe it's for the racers not the cruisers
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • kev77
    Bio racer have about 10 different chammys, you can spec your chammy my friend.
  • S/S Jersey (3/4 zip) aero cut, 4th zipped pocket with reflex £72
    Bib Shorts, DuPont lycra, Cytech chamois £70
    Gilet, Raintex by Windtex £70
    Unlined Waterproof jacket £80
    (prices would be less for a larger order)
    All made in Italy ! Not China or Eastern Europe
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    kev77 wrote:
    Bio racer have about 10 different chammys, you can spec your chammy my friend.

Only if you re the bloke that orders the kit (and there is only 2 on the site)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • kev77
    Do not shoot the messenger, i am not affiliated in anyway to Bio racer in anyway.

I also use Giordana which i think is good quality.