Bolton to Crewe

Bunneh
Bunneh Posts: 1,329
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
I live in Bolton, the Mrs lives in Crewe; normally I get a train there one weekend she drives up here the other, but now money's tight for both of us I'm looking at starting to ride there. I'm riding a single speed now as I stupidly gave my Scott to the ex in an attempt to mend the relationship, 'maybe we could have gone riding together', was the thought - didn't happen lol. Anyway does anyone know a route I can take? I obviously can't take motorways so it's A roads and B roads all the way - I know it's a long way but I've ridden further and I won't be riding back until 3 days after so plenty of time to get my energy back.

Advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Try the BikeHub app
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • dd1
    dd1 Posts: 73
    Iwould take the main road through Atherton and onto the Atherleigh Way. This takes you down to the East Lancs (A580). Turn right towards Lowton and then follow the signs to Warrington down Winick Lane. This will take you onto the A49, right into Warrington.
    You could then either follow the A50 through Knutsford and Holmes Chapel, and then follow signs through Sandbach and onto the A534 to Crewe.
    Alternatively, from the middle of Warrington, carry on on the A49 through Stockton Heath. Once you pass over the M56, follow signs for Northwich, Middlewich and then onto Crewe.
    Cannondale Super Six Hi Mod Sram Red
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Cheers and will check out the app too :)