Etape Caladonia route - ongoing road works.

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,581
In case any of you were planning a wee recon trip on the EC route anytime between now and April, the B846 between Tummel Bridge and Kinloch Rannoch is closed for 14 weeks in order that they can put in new mains water & sewage pipes.

There is a detour that adds 12km and 350m of climbing, however the downhill stretch is being heavily used by logging lorries and there is constant debris on the road.

Other than that it bliss spending a week at Rannoch and with the unusually mild weather I'm getting loads of miles in. :D

Comments

• I take it the detour is along passed the Power Station back up the hill and along by the Braes of Foss. Did the signs say when in April the road would reopen?
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Anyone got any update on this I'm hoping to do a bit of a recce on the 7th April?
  • strawboz
    strawboz Posts: 86
    Was there at the weekend and although the road was still closed we rode through to find it was fairly clear and no problem for bikes.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I'm surprised there isn't a campaign group complaining that the road is closed for so long! Water and sewage pipes are no reason to disrupt the idyllic country life and valuable arts and heritage funding is being wasted!

;)
  • thecrofter
    strawboz wrote:
    Was there at the weekend and although the road was still closed we rode through to find it was fairly clear and no problem for bikes.
    Excellent, heading up there on the 7th for a recce
  • thecrofter
    Was up on Sat. morning. Roadworks are still on but passable on a bike no problem.