Rose. Any UK Dealers?

Redsteveb
Redsteveb Posts: 201
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
I feel the answer is likely to be no, but no harm in asking all the same. Looking to upgrade my current bike in a few months and for my budget of c£1300 Rose have a few models that I'd like a closer look at. Problem is I like to look before I buy and not just at some website photo's. Does anyone know if they have a UK (South West preferred) dealers?

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Nope, they operate much like Ribble, Planet-X, Canyon etc.

they are primarily an online retailer, but do have a massive store called 'Biketown'... its just in Germany .. which is a shame because it looks like one of the best shops i've seen! http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/content/about-rose/biketown (video here -> just to tease)

only ever seen a Rose in the UK once.. in a sainsbury's car park... looked nice, very oversized downtube and black/yellow colour scheme were the features that stick in my mind -> i think it was a Pro SL-2000 (the aluminium one)
  • I read somewhere that Rose has a guy based In the uk and he operates out of Swindon and seemingly you can go there and see the bikes. Failing that they are exhibiting at the bike show in lOndon next weekend
  • SR7492
    SR7492 Posts: 190
    I was really interested in getting a Rose bike, they spec on the bike's compared to others is very attracting.

The ONLY reason I didn't go for one is because there is no UK dealer and I wasn't quite comfortable with the whole order online thing, especially as it ships from Germany (and I guess it being my first roadie)

I've no doubt that the process would have been fine, I've read good reviews about Rose and their customer service - but just didn't have it in me to buy a bike before actually testing one.

Good luck
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Finlay Paton is there UK rep, he's based in Wiltshire, but they don't have a store there or anything, why not phone him / email him to ask?

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/contact/show
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Redsteveb
    Thanks for the assistance. Yes, the rep works out of somewhere in Westbury, Wiltshire which is only an hours drive from Bristol so I'm going to drop him a line tomorrow to see if he has any demo models which I could view. Whilst I really like the look of a few of the models from their current line up, I don't think I'd be brave enough to buy without at least having a look at something from their range just to gauge the quality etc.
  • Trying to decide between http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-pro-dx-cross-2000-4636/aid:532620 and the boardman team cx, strongly leaning towards the Rose at the moment
  • Redsteveb
    Just a quick update for those interested. I've exchanged a couple of text messages with Finlay Patton, the UK rep for Rose. He was working at the London Bike Show but still took the time to reply. He's willing to obtain a couple of bikes for me to view at his office in Westbury, Wiltshire which is only about 20 miles or so away. I'm giving him a few options as I'm not 100% certain which model I want, but when I've had the viewing I'll let you know. For VFM they look really great, but like anything it's always nice to see one close up, and great that I've been accommodated with my request.
  • Which models have you asked to see? And what size?
  • I had a brief chat with Finlay from Rose ralier today. He seems like a decent bloke and confirmed that he has the bike i'm after in stock, the pro-RS 3000 double, which can be had for just over £1300 including ultegra and kysirium elites.

He also mentioned that he is happy to bring the bikes to me (in Bristol) for a test.

Seems like pretty good service so far!
  • Ordered the CX bike linked above a few days ago, looking forward to having a go. Shipping details seem a little vague, currently 'in proccess' whether that means its en route or still being built not a clue. If you do order, be sure to sign up to the vip card first, i recieved £25 worth of points after my order.
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Can't help you with your original question but I live in Germany and Rose bikes very often come out on top in reviews in the German bike mags. They do seem to be very good bikes and sometimes unbelievably good value. If you want you can send me the money for one and I'll pick it up for you :D
  • neilo23 wrote:
    If you want you can send me the money for one and I'll pick it up for you

I've got a friend whose a Nigerian General who will send you more than enough money to order this bike with delivery if you send hime you bank details - let me know if you're interested and I will forward you an email he sent me recently!
  • neilo23
    neilo23 wrote:
    If you want you can send me the money for one and I'll pick it up for you

I've got a friend whose a Nigerian General who will send you more than enough money to order this bike with delivery if you send hime you bank details - let me know if you're interested and I will forward you an email he sent me recently!

Wow! Thanks a lot. Do you need a copy of my signature, too?
  • I'll ask him but I think a DNA sample and retina print will do fine!
  • Just thinking, with the bikes coming from germany are the brakes usually on the 'wrong side'?
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Just thinking, with the bikes coming from germany are the brakes usually on the 'wrong side'?

You can custom configure all the bikes - and one of the things they ask is which way around you want the brakes - click configure on the site.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • neilo23
    The left lever operates the front brake on my bike (Italian but bought in Germany).
  • Im sure ill get used to it, the CX bikes dont have a configurator (is that a word?) for them yet. Just had an email saying its been shipped, so should be here in a few days, or so.
  • Yea, im guessing its a fairly simple job, probs do it when the bar tape gets grubby.
  • I am testing a Pro-RS tomorrow. Cant wait! I'l try and put some pics and things on the link in my sig afterwards.
  • richard36
    richard36 Posts: 346
    Ben - I've put a post on the Road Buying Advice section about Rose Bikes. I'm looking to get the Carbon Pro RS 4400 and have asked a few questions. Would appreciate hearing how you get on with your test ride.

Incidentally I phoned Fin Paton today but got no response so I've emailed Germany and still waiting for a reply.
  • neilo23
    Ok. Short and sweet: I just phoned the Rose hotline in Germany and they informed me that their head office is the only place from which their products are sold and shipped from. If you want a test ride the only option is to travel to a place called Bochult to their main warehouse. The only other good reason to travel there would be to visit neighbouring Belgium. I suppose they are able to keep their costs down by missing out the middleman.
  • richard36
    richard36 Posts: 346
    Neil - that isn't true. The UK rep - Fin Paton - is in Wiltshire (you can find his details on the Rose website). He is more than happy to let you have a test ride though I don't think he has lots of bikes in stock.

He travelled today to meet a guy called Ben - see above post - and Ben had a test ride.

Give him a ring.
  • Got my cross bike from them today, looks good not had a ride yet, some pics in the 'your road bike' section
  • neilo23
    Richard36 wrote:
    Neil - that isn't true. The UK rep - Fin Paton - is in Wiltshire (you can find his details on the Rose website). He is more than happy to let you have a test ride though I don't think he has lots of bikes in stock.

He travelled today to meet a guy called Ben - see above post - and Ben had a test ride.

Give him a ring.

Ok, I believe you. I live in Germany and I only said what they told me when I rang them. The people here obviously know more about Rose than the people who work for their hotline. So much for German efficiency!
  • Neil, didn't appreciate you lived in Germany.

On the test ride front, I've now had an email from Fin who has offered to fly from the south of England to Scotland to enable me to have a test ride!
  • Guys, I have a ROSE Pro-RS 4400 compact with upgraded wheels and SRAM Red chainset. Bought direct from the website etc.. and shipped out to Singapore.

It is the D's B's....... I can't tell you how pleased I am with it, with nearly 2,000kms on the clock I can't wait to take it out every time. And as light as a feather, you don't need carbon.

10/10, I can't recommend ROSE any higher.
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • neilo23
    Richard36 wrote:
    Neil, didn't appreciate you lived in Germany.

On the test ride front, I've now had an email from Fin who has offered to fly from the south of England to Scotland to enable me to have a test ride!

That's service! I'd compare what he's charging for the bike compared to ordering direct, as I'm sure his expenses will be tacked on to the price.
  • Neil, as far as I am aware Fin doesn't charge for a test ride (at least he didn't say I would be charged for the cost of the flight!!) and if I bought a bike from Rose then I would buy it from them in Germany via the website.
  • neilo23
    Richard36 wrote:
    Neil, as far as I am aware Fin doesn't charge for a test ride (at least he didn't say I would be charged for the cost of the flight!!) and if I bought a bike from Rose then I would buy it from them in Germany via the website.

I hope Fin isn't reading this :-)