Clubs - Thame, Oxfordshire area

Dennis1971
Dennis1971 Posts: 37
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
HI,

Just moved to the area (Tetsworth) and I am looking for a group to ride out with. I usually go out every weekend depending on the social calendar of my kids :-). Winter a little less compared to summer.

I am off average fitness, I ride a couple of sportives every year with the odd mad event thrown in (London2Paris24 last year).

Thanks
Dennis

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Oxonian Cycling club?
    Oxford city cycling club
    Didcot phoenix cycling club
    Bicester Millenium cycling club

can't personally vouch for any of these -> just stumbled across a page with links to them on the Uni cycling club website.

not sure if any of these are local to you.
  • Hi Dennis
    It just so happens that BMCC are running a taster ride session this Saturday (14th)
    Details here:
    http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... forum=bmcc
    So if you're free you could pop over and meet the guys and girls.
    Cheers
    Dave
  • fnb1
    fnb1 Posts: 591
    Thame, I can highly recomend HWCC, 2 rides out of Thame on a Saturday and one on Sunday. One of the Saturday rides is titled Debutants and is targetted at those new to cycling or just new to club riding. The other rides are effectively then progressions from the Debs group, Improvers and Intermediates etc. Good stepping stone on to the main club groups and introduction to the wider memebers will usually ensure you can always find someone to ride with locally. Details on the Website www.highwycombecc.org
    fay ce que voudres
  • Thanks to ALIHISGREAT, allez dave and fnb1. Looks there are a few options of which the HWCC is the most logical. Thame is only a few miles down the road. I will pop them an email to see what is happening.

Thanks

Dennis
  • fnb1
    fnb1 Posts: 591
    no worries, email Alasdair, tell him you were recommended by Jock! He will know what I mean
    fay ce que voudres